- Sat, 16 Apr 2016
- Scratch (2016)
- Entries open
Sun, 10 Apr 2016 6:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Thu, 14 Apr 2016 8:00 AM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:00 noon AEST
- Pay online by
- Sat, 16 Apr 2016 2:00 PM AEST
Host Club - This race is proudly presented by Sunbury CC
Location: - Newham Circuit.
Please Note: AFTERNOON RACE
Due to a permit clash, this race will start at 2:00PM
Sunbury CC will now host this race, with Melb Uni swapping to a later date
Rego Open: 1:00PM
Race Start: 2:00PM
* E Grade: E Grade is not offered at all races. Host clubs are encouraged to help resource E Grade where possible by providing Ride Marshals.
* Women's Grades: Separate women's grades are offered at specified rounds as part of the Northern Combine's Women's Series, subject to Commissaire availability. All races outside of the Women's series are regarded as mixed grades.
Race Fees: Volunteers $15, Non-vols $27.
Pre-Pay Only: - Race Fees are pre-pay only for 2016.
Waitlisting: - Races have pre-set limits per grade. Riders may be notified (via Entry Confirmation Email) they have been wailtisted once entries reach these limits. Waitlisted riders are generally still a good chance of a start after scratchings and rider re-grades. Riders not wanting to be considered for promotion from the waitlist should scratch.
Scratching: - Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off (generally midday Friday - pls see above).
Race Day Procedures
No License, No Race: - riders need a current license (or proof of renewal) to race. CA licenses only.
New to Racing: - 3 Race Licenses are available for new riders ($55 cash on-the-day). Please allow time to process prior to race time.
Red Light Policy: - The Northern Combine complies with Cycling Victoria's red light policy. Riders are required to have a rear red light on solid to race. Spare lights may be available at Rego to borrow for riders who forget (no guarantee).
On-the-day Entries: Sorry, on-the-day entries are not accepted.
Spectating: - It is requested that family & friends watch from roadside vantage points & do not follow bunches in vehicles.
Announcements: - Please check the Northern Combine Facebook page, twitter or website for any announcements regarding racing.
Registration & Start Location: - Newham Primary School (1271 Rochford Rd, Newham VIC 3442 - https://goo.gl/maps/qzBkl)
Getting there: - Take the Calder freeway North West (M79) and take the C324 Exit. Turn right over the overpass then follow Woodend Wallan Road. Turn left into Coach Road to Newham township.
Parking: - Limited parking is available at the School. (Additional parking in a local farmer's paddock is currently being organised)
Toilets: - Toilets are available at the school.
- Riders are reminded to avoid parking at the General Store whilst racing.
- Parking at the CFA is strictly prohibited.
- Parking on the roadside directly opposite the school is also discouraged.
The Northern Combine is looking for sponsors. If you or someone you know may be interested in supporting grass-roots racing please contact us via email@example.com