- Sun, 1 Jul 2018
- VICXS 2018
- Entries open
Sun, 03 Jun 2018 6:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:59 AM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Sat, 30 Jun 2018 12:00 noon AEST
- Pay online by
- Sun, 01 Jul 2018 12:00 noon AEST
- Number Pickup: from ~10:30am at the Registration Tent
- Racing starts: ~11:30am (Latest schedule will be published on the blog/facebook and below)
- Entry Fees: $30 for adults, $15 for volunteers and $10 for Young Guns! Kids racing is enter & pay on-the-day.
- All Kids pay on the day. YES PAY ON THE DAY.
- Grades: CX Men (A), CX Men (B), CX Women (A/B), CX & Open Men (C), CX & Open Women (C), Young Guns, Kids (Girls & Boys & Balance bikes)
- Entries: Open ~2.5 weeks before the race, unless we forget to flip the switch, closes midday 28th June or when it's full.
- Parking: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - OBSERVE THE NO PARKING AREAS
- SCRATCHING up to 12 noon 24 hours before the race is via EntryBoss (refunded). After that email us at email@example.com (sorry no refund at that time).
Pending final confirmation
10:30-11:20 Registration and Course Open
11:30 - Mens CX C and Open
12:20 - Women's CX C and Open
13:10 - Men's CX B
14:10 - Open Course and Kids race.
14:40 - Women's CX A and B
15:40 - Men's CX A
16:50 - Presentations
17:05 - Clean Up
- Bikes: - CX races are for CX bikes (note: max 35mm tyres & drop handle bars), Opens are for any bike (inc CX bikes).
- Series Rules: Cycling Victoria's Series Rules can be found here
- Presentations: - See race schedule.
- Start procedures: - Riders need to present for their race start at least 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time so that they can be Called-Up by Commissaires. It is likely that the first 3 rows will be called, the rest in random order. Cycling Victoria administer the Series points and as such the call up order. See series rules for further detail.
- Riders in timeslots with multiples categories racing. - We generally stagger the start for riders with shorter race durations, which means once the chequered flag comes out, that signifies the end of the race for all categories. This means, for instance, WA racing for 50 minutes will start at the schedule start time, with WB who are racing for 40 minutes starting approx 10 minutes later - with everyone finishing together. It's still a good idea to be in the start area early for your call up, regardless of whether you have a staggered start or not (because: logistics of organising people).
- Time Management: - Please aim to arrive with sufficient time to rego, get ready, familarise yourself with the course, say hi to mates and to warm up. Most people need at least an hour prior their race start.
- CX bikes must run CX tyres - 35mm max width (as written on tyre with tiny allowance for tyre flare on wide rims). Definitely no gravel grinder or Monster Cross tyres in CX Race Category. Riders can race Opens with any tyre, any bike.
- PITS will be in operation: - As is the tradition in Cross, mechanical assistance must be taken from the designated pit area. Spare wheels & bike changes cannot be taken from random locations on the course - only in the pits. Riders must run the course to the pits if their bike is unrideable. We will run double-sided pits so the max distance to pits should be no more than half a lap depending on course layout.
- Series Races - minimum ages? - Open category races are not part of the VIC CX Series points aggregate and are regarded as 'club racing' categories. The minimum age for Series races is riders born 2003 (please check CV Series rules for DOB/effective date requirements). Older juniors (say U15), with suitable experience, looking to race the full course for a full race duration can enter Opens or Young Guns.
Men's C Grade/Open and Young Guns are currently closed for entries. It went sailing past capacity so we are finalising the entries we have so far and maybe maybe maybe will open them again. We will publicise that we promise.
DON'T SELECT A HIGHER GRADE JUST TO GET AN ENTRY, UNLESS YOU PLAN TO RACE THAT GRADE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. IT'S A ONE WAY TRIP, AND IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING IN C GRADE YOU WON'T BE ALLOWED TO BE A RISK IN A GRADE. SORRY!
Address: Darebin Parklands, Alphington.
Enter at end of Separation St, off Smith Street.
Limited local parking. PLEASE CHECK THE PARKING RESTRICTIONS/INFORMATION
Consider riding there (it’s on the Darebin Ck bike path and just near the near the new bike path from Kew)
Parking: Limited local, no onsite parking for non-staff vehicles. Drop-off zone provided.
Toilets: Onsite toilets
NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE:
Dirty Deeds CX
DDCX HQ: @dirtydeedscx (instagram/facebook)
(03) 8480 3000
Many many thanks to our excellent sponsors...
2018 ’SINGAPORE AIRLINES’ VICTORIAN CX SERIES
Series proudly presented by Singapore Airlines