- Sun, 13 Jun 2021
- Entries open
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 6:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sun, 13 Jun 2021 7:00 PM AEST
We are taking COVID-19 restrictions seriously.
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
- you agree to follow Government COVID recommendations applicable to your jurisdiction
- you agree to follow the Event's COVID directives
- you agree that you may be asked to leave the event for non-compliance
- we appreciate your cooperation, our intention is simply to run a safe event.
Unfortunately and with great regret the Tathra MTB club was postponed the Tathra MTB festival to Sept. T
The main purpose of the Tathra MTB festival is to share our trails with the wider MTB community while raising money for trail maintenance. The rider experience and safety along with the trails are likely to be negatively impacted by the wet weather. The most recent rains and wind had an extremely significant impact on our trails, which required close to 200 man hours to repair due to a very large number of tree falls. Several of our trails had not even dried completely from those rains, suggesting the ground has limited capacity to absorb the coming wet weather. NPWS has also contacted the club to raise concerns about rider impact on their trails due to the predicted wet weather.These are the things the club considered in making their decision and we wished to communicate this as quickly as possible to allow riders to make alternate plans.
ALL RIDERS WILL BE GIVEN A FULL REFUND. The committee will be discussing the alternative dates (currently Sept 11/12) . Please keep upto date with us on facebook and we will email all riders once the new dates are confirmed.
Tathra MTB Club
Event location: Tathra Country Club 1 Andy Poole Dr Tathra NSW 2550
Trail location: Bundadung trail network Tathra, Strava links to come
Licences: Auscycling licences required, day race licences permitted
Entries close: Wed 9th June 2021
Race Briefings : to come
COVID Briefing: to come
Refunds: Scratching (full refund) upto Tue 8th June at midnight 2021. After that no refund. If the event is cancelled due to weather or COVID refunds or transfer of entries to alternative date will be provided.
Distances and Course Details
Essential Energy 30km
- Format: mass start, 7km start section plus 1x 23km single track loop
- Start Time: 12pm
- Sponsor: Essential Energy
- Map: https://www.tathramtbclub.com/?page_id=137
- Course description: Starting at the event hub at the Tathra Country Club, the race starts by heading out to Mogareeka for a 7km loop of roads and firetrails to help sort the pack out. Upon returning to the race hub its onto the single track, with 23km of the best Tathra has to offer from our Bundadung trails. All the favourites of Paula's Park, Kingy's, Neizentite (short), creambox and of course Anchors Away are in there. This year for a challenge we also have our hardest descent Bridges in there and its not Tathra with out our Evil Tom climb.
- Categories: Single Speed, E-bike, U9, U 11, U15, U17, U19, Seniors (Seniors will be split up based on numbers e.g Open and Masters)
- Price: Under 13 and Under 15 - $30;
everyone else $50
Tathra Beach and Bike 50km
- Date: Sun 13th June 2021
- Format: mass start, 7km start section plus 2x 23km single track loop
- Start time: 10am
- Sponsor: Tathra Beach and Bike
- Map: to come - see the 30km one for now and you get 2x the 23kms of single track
- Course description: Starting at the event hub at the Tathra Country Club, the race starts by heading out to Mogareeka for a 7km loop of roads and firetrails to help sort the pack out. Upon returning to the race hub its onto the single track, with 23km of the best Tathra has to offer from our Bundadung trails. All the favourites of Paula's Park, Kingy's, Neizentite, creambox (short) and of course Anchors Away are in there. This year for a challenge we also have our hardest descent Bridges in there and its not Tathra with out our Evil Tom climb. After completing the first lap with the flowing descent of Anchors Away you return to the race hub, take this as a chance to refuel, then it's back onto the same loop for another lap, do not underestimate Evil Tom that second time around!
- Categories: Single Speed, E-bike, U15, U17, U19, Seniors (Seniors will be split up based on numbers in the MTBA age groups to try and make even groups for prizes)
- Price: under 13, under 15, under 17 and under 19 $50;
everyone else $80
Auscycling Licensing Required
Day licences allowed