- Sun, 19 May 2019
- Dunc Gray Criterium Circuit
- Entries open
Sun, 14 Apr 2019 12:00 noon AEST
- Entries close
- Sun, 12 May 2019 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sun, 19 May 2019 12:00 AM AEST
Proudly presented by RAW Track.
This is an endurance criterium at the purpose-built criterium circuit on the grounds of the Dunc Gray Velodrome, Bass Hill.
Each race will involve two divisions and be scheduled for 40 minutes + eliminations (1 rider is eliminated per lap after 40min). There is a limit of 20 riders per division, meaning a limit of 40 riders per race.
In each of three races, the lower division will start 10 minutes after the higher division and with a 1-lap advantage. The higher grade will seek to catch and regain the lead. The three races and schedule are listed below.
To ensure a fast pace in the initial phase of the competition, a cash prize for the rider who leads the bunch across the start-finish line will be offered.
Not only will this event be very interesting to participate in, but it should also be fantastic for the spectators, with the action starting on the first lap.
Event Date: Sun 19th May 2019
Promoter: RAW Track
Venue: Dunc Gray Criterium Circuit directions
Entry Fee: $25 + payment card fee
Closing Date: Sun 12th May 2019
Course Map: click to view course map on STRAVA
Race Divisions: Men Div 1-4, Women Div 1-2
Limit: Max of 20 per Division.
- Riders who risk being lapped by the field will be withdrawn
- Riders who are eliminated or withdrawn will have 1 lap to vacate the circuit
- A loud speaker and a whiteboard situated 150m from the finish line will identify the rider who has been eliminated
- In the event of a group of riders being in danger of losing a lap, the whole group will be eliminated. A number of laps equal to the number of eliminated riders will be allocated to the field as non-elimination laps. A whistle will inform the racers of the recommencement of elimination laps.
Registration & Marshalling
Registration will take place at the Criterium circuit. Sign on will be available at least 1 hr prior to the start of the race. The track will be CLOSED from warmup while races are on. The track will be open for warm-up 5 minutes prior to each event.
First race - 8:00am.
- Men's Division 3: 8am 40min + elimination (1 rider per lap every lap after 40min)
- Men's Division 4: 8:10am 30min + elimination (1 rider per lap every lap after 30min)
Second Race KOM Financial Advice Women's 9:30am
- Women’s Division 1: 9:30am 40min + elimination (1 rider per lap every lap after 40min)
- Women's Division 2: 9:40am 30min + elimination (1 rider per lap every lap after 30min)
Final Race Circulus engineering Men's 11am
- Men's Division 1: 11 am 40min + elimination (1 rider per lap every lap after 40min)
- Men's Division 2: 11:10am 30min + elimination (1 rider per lap every lap after 30min)
- Over $1,000 in prizes - equal prizemoney across all divisions.
- There will be a cash prize for the first rider across the line every lap from the start to the completion of the 40mins leading into the Elimination phase.
Age Categories & Eligibility
- U17, U19, U23, Elite & Masters
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2019 ages effective from 1st October 2018
- Financial Cycling Australia 'Race' members only. Valid 2019 membership card must be presented at sign-on.
- Sign-on for all grades will be open from 1 hour prior to start onwards, all riders must sign on before entering track.
- The track will be CLOSED from warmup while races are on.
- The track will be open for warm-up 5 minutes prior to each event.
- Presentations will take place at the conclusion of each race.
- Parking is available on-site at the venue
- Toilets and changerooms are available at the DGV
- A coffee van will be supplying coffee light snacks and refreshments.
Event Website: https://www.facebook.com/events/429680504482180/?active_tab=discussion
Ph: (02) 9738 5850