Event Date: Saturday 16th January 2021
Venue: Dunc Gray Velodrome, Carysfield Rd, Bass Hill, NSW, 2197
Closing Date: Saturday 9th January 2021
_Event participant numbers have been increased to*48 riders*. Given current border restrictions the Podium Potential Sprint athletes will not be in attendance.
We are taking COVID-19 restrictions seriously.
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
- you will not attend if you have flu-like symptoms within 14 days of the event
- you will follow all safety guidelines and directions of the event promoter
- you will adopt a "Get In, Race, Get Out" approach
- It is strongly recommended that you download the COVIDSafe App
The event promoter is required to follow the Cycling NSW Rider & Patron Event Information
Pricing - $50
Available to the first 48 riders.
- Sign-on - 3:00pm - 3:50pm (located top of ramp leading into infield)
- Warm-up - 3:15pm - 3:50pm
First Race - 4:00pm
- Sign-off - 4:30pm - 8:30pm (located on the Infield)
- Flying 200m Rounds
- Round Robin 1
- Round Robin 2
- Round Robin 3
- Round Robin Finals
All riders will be seeded into groups of similar ability based on Flying 200m times recorded in the Fly Round. Times that are considered to be off-performance will be adjusted. Men and Women will ride together.
- This event is open to U17 - Masters aged riders only.
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2021 ages effective from 1st October 2020.
- This event is not open to temporary Race Permits or Regional memberships.
- All riders entering a State Open event must be covered by a Full Race Membership with AusCycling and affiliated with Cycling NSW. Parents or Guardians (of under age participants) & renewing entrants or those who joined with AusCycling from 1st November 2020 must also complete and submit the Cycling NSW Membership Waiver. Riders / entrants who are not affiliated with Cycling NSW (i.e. Interstate riders) must sign and submit the Cycling NSW Membership waiver
- All riders participating in this event will be expected to have some track sprinting experience and an understanding of track sprinting rules.
Sprint GP Information
- We are lucky enough to squeeze a 2nd Rd of the NSW Sprint GP in the shorten Track Season (no promises on a 3rd though)*
The Sprint Grand Prix series is a NSW signature event which is now in its seventh year and is designed to provide close competition for all entrants. All riders regardless of gender will compete in the same field. This series is designed to allow riders of all abilities the opportunity to compete against similar speed riders to hone their track craft.
The event will start with the Fly Round, where all riders will record their fastest possible Flying 200m time. This time will seed the riders into groups of 4 and will also act as the tie-breaker (Flybreaker Rule) wherever required. Riders will also earn their first series points in the GP with their fly time (1st = 48pts, 2nd = 47pts etc.).
Once seeded into groups of 4, the event will enter the Round Robins which work through every possible pairing of riders within each group. Results from the Round Robins will reseed the riders within the group for the Finals.
The Round Robin Finals will pitch 1st v 2nd and 3rd v 4th in each group to determine the final placing within each group. Finals placings award additional points to the series tally (1st = 10pts, 2nd = 9pts etc.).
The draw is devised to give entrants as many rides as possible. Click here to view the Sprint Grand Prix Draw.
Prize Money & Presentations
- Special prizes will be awarded for riders judged on entertainment value, underdog performance and sprinting tactics.
- There will be a brief handshake presentation for Overall Winners at the conclusion of the night.
- Prizes will be available for collection at the completion of the final event.
- Results will be posted on the noticeboards on the infield and on the Cycling NSW live results website (click here).
- Final results and series tally will be posted to the results section on the CNSW website.
Event Day Information
- There is ample parking at Dunc Gray, please park in the allocated visitor parking bays and NOT on the grass or entrance area.
- Entry for all patrons is via the Rider entrance.
- Change rooms and toilets will be accessible and are located at the rider entrance. Please be sure to make use of these facilities as anyone found changing in the infield could be subject to fines from race officials.
Spectator & Handler Fees
- $10 - Handler - CA membership is required; membership card must be handed in upon purchase of pass.
- $5 - Infield Kids - Must be accompanied by a paying guardian at all times. Please do not let kids roam around as the infield can be a dangerous place.
- $10 - Adult
- $5 - Child (14yo and younger)
- Spectators are not allowed to enter the infield at any time.
Please click here for accommodation from Choice Hotels Australasia™
Ph: (02) 9738 5850