Event Date: Saturday 25th January 2020
Venue: Dunc Gray Velodrome, Carysfield Rd, Bass Hill, NSW, 2197
Closing Date: Sunday 19th January 2020
Due to time constraints this event has been capped to 48 riders. The cap may be extended depending on entry levels and/or format revision.
Pricing Tier 1 - $45
Available to the first 40 riders.
Offer expires midnight Wednesday 15th January 2020 or until sold out.
Pricing Tier 2 - $50
Available to the remaining unoccupied spots..
Offer expires midnight Sunday 19th January 2020 or until sold out
Pricing Tier 3 - $60
On the day entry available at sign-on.
Entirely subject to availability
- Sign-on - 11:30am - 1:00pm (located at Rider Entrance)
- Warm-up - 12:00pm - 12:50pm
First Race - 1:00pm
- Sign-off - 2:30pm - 4:00pm (located on the Infield)
- Flying 200m Rounds
- Round Robin 1
- Round Robin 2
- Round Robin 3
- Round Robin Finals
All riders will be seeded into groups of similar ability based on Flying 200m times recorded in the Fly Round. Times that are considered to be off-performance will be adjusted. Men and Women will ride together.
- This event is open riders from U17 to Masters age categories only.
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2020 age groups effective from 1st October 2019.
- This event is not open to temporary Race Permits or Regional memberships. (Week Memberships/Race Starter Kits not permitted)
- Financial Cycling Australia 'Race' members only. Valid membership card must be presented at sign-on.
- All riders participating in this event will be expected to have some track sprinting experience and an understanding of track sprinting rules. Track experience on an Olympic-standard velodrome is also essential.
Sprint GP Series Information
The Sprint Grand Prix series is a NSW signature event which is now in its sixth year and is designed to provide close competition for all entrants. All riders regardless of gender will compete in the same field. This series is designed to allow riders of all abilities the opportunity to compete against similar speed riders to hone their track craft.
The event will start with the Fly Round, where all riders will record their fastest possible Flying 200m time. This time will seed the riders into groups of 4 and will also act as the tie-breaker (Flybreaker Rule) wherever required. Riders will also earn their first series points in the GP with their fly time (1st = 48pts, 2nd = 47pts etc.).
Once seeded into groups of 4, the event will enter the Round Robins which work through every possible pairing of riders within each group. Results from the Round Robins will reseed the riders within the group for the Finals.
The Round Robin Finals will pitch 1st v 2nd (Top Final) and 3rd v 4th (Bottom Final) in each group to determine the final placing within each group. Finals placings award additional points to the series tally (1st = 10pts, 2nd = 9pts etc.).
The draw is devised to give entrants as many rides as possible. Click here to view the Sprint Grand Prix Draw.
Prize Money & Presentations
- $1,000 minimum per round of series
- There will be a prize for the overall Series Champion, Male & Female
- Special prizes will be awarded for riders judged on entertainment value, underdog performance and sprinting tactics.
- There will be a brief handshake presentation for Series Winners at the conclusion of the series. Special prize winners will be announced towards the end of the Round 3 carnival.
- Prizes will be available for collection at the completion of the carnival.
- Results will be posted on the noticeboards on the infield and on the Cycling NSW live results website (click here).
- Final results and series tally will be posted to the results section on the CNSW website.
Event Day Information
- There is ample parking at Dunc Gray, please park in the allocated visitor parking bays and NOT on the grass or entrance area.
- Entry for all patrons is via the Rider entrance.
- Changerooms and toilets will be accessible and are located at the rider entrance. Please be sure to make use of these facilities as anyone found changing in the infield could be subject to fines from race officials.
Spectator & Handler Fees
- $10 - Handler - CA membership is required; membership card must be handed in upon purchase of pass.
- $5 - Infield Kids - Must be accompanied by a paying guardian at all times. Please do not let kids roam around as the infield can be a dangerous place.
- $10 - Adult
- $5 - Child (14yo and younger)
- Spectators are not allowed to enter the infield at any time.
Please click here for accommodation from Choice Hotels Australasia™
Ph: (02) 9738 5850