- Sat, 29 Jun 2019
- Sydney Dragway
- Entries open
- Entries close
- Sun, 23 Jun 2019 11:59 PM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Sun, 23 Jun 2019 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sat, 29 Jun 2019 12:00 AM AEST
2019 Remembrance Cup
Raising Money for NSW Police Legacy
Proudly presented by Marconi CC.
2019 will see the return of the Remembrance cup to raise money for NSW Police Legacy. The Remembrance Cup is hosted by the Marconi Cycling Club at the Sydney Dragway, Eastern Creek. This is the Third running of the Remembrance Cup, which has been organised to raise funds to support NSW Police Legacy.
Please click Here to view event information.
Event Date: Saturday 29th June 2019
Promoter: Marconi CC
Race Divisions: Men Div 1-6 | Women Div 1-3 | Juniors U15/U17
Venue: Sydney Dragway, Ferrers Road, Eastern Creek NSW 2766 map
Course: Sydney Dragway - STRAVA
Prize Money: $10,000+ includes cash and prizes. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in each division will be awarded prizes.
Sponsors: Mainpac, Police Bank, Solatube Home, The Odd Spoke, Seight Sports, Bincino, ECP Engineering, Tractor 828, Ryan Projects, HellermannTyton, NSW Police Association and Cycling NSW.
- 7:00am - Gates Open
- 8:00am - Sign-on
- 9:00am - Racing Commences
All Junior divisions will start from 9:00am at 1-minute intervals. Distances are as follows:
|Junior Men - 20mins + 1 Lap
||Junior Men - 30mins + 1 Lap
|Junior Women – 20mins + 1 Lap
||Junior Women – 30min + 1 Lap
|~ 10:00am - Division 5 - 55mins + 1 Lap
||~ 12:30pm - Division 1 - 60mins + 1 lap
|~ 10:00am - Division 6 - 50mins + 1 Lap
||~ 12:30pm - Division 2 - 55mins + 1 Lap
|~ 11:10am - Division 3 - 65mins + 1 Lap
||~ 12:30pm - Division 3 - TBC*
|~ 11:10am - Division 4 - 60mins + 1 Lap
|~ 01:45pm - Division 1 - 80mins + 1 Lap
|~ 01:45pm - Division 2 - 70mins + 1 Lap
*Women’s Division TBC dependent on number of entries received.
- $20 - U15 - U17
- $35 - U19+
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd June 2019
Categories & Eligibility
- U15, U17, U19, U23M, Elite and Masters age categories.
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2019 ages effective from 1st October 2018.
- Financial Cycling Australia 'Race' members only. Valid membership card/invoice must be presented at sign-on.
- Membership cards must be handed over at sign-on and will be held until race numbers and transponders are returned.
- This event is not open to Trial Race Permits.
- The Remembrance CUP is back for its third year with cash and prizes worth over $10,000.
- Profits from racing will go towards NSW Police Legacy’s which was originally established to care for the widows, widowers, partners and dependent children of deceased NSW Police Officers. Today, they care for many members of the wider police family, including police legatees, the parents of deceased police officers through the parents' support network, special constables, serving and retired police and their families facing necessitous circumstances, and former police and their families as they transition from a career in policing to civilian life through BACKUP for Life.
- We would like to say special thanks to our generous sponsors Mainpac, Police Bank, Solatube Home, The Odd Spoke, Seight Sports, Bincino, ECP Engineering, Tractor 828, Ryan Projects, and HellermannTyton.
- We would also like to thank for their special support, the NSW Police Force, Australian Federal Police and the Police Association of NSW.
- Neutral spares will be available at the Start/Finish line. Please drop your spares here before the race.
- The Bincino Coffee Van will be on-site offering drinks and snacks.
- The NSW Police Association with be running the BBQ with all profits being donated to NSW Police Legacy.
- Souvenir cycling shirts are available for purchase by visiting the link https://www.seightcustom.com.au/custom-cycling/myteamshop/remembrance-cup-marconi-cc
- Presentations will take place at the sign-on area after the completion of each race.
- Entry into Sydney Dragway will be via the competitor’s entry gate with ample on-site parking available. Use caution when entering as you will crossover the race course.
- Toilets, showers and change rooms are available on-site.
- Accommodation: Click here to find accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia ™
Ph: 0407 194 443
Ph: 0434 014 301
Ph: (02) 9738 5850