- Sat, 9 Mar 2024
- Fox Creek MTB Bottom Car Park
- Entries open
- Entries close
- Thu, 07 Mar 2024 8:00 PM ACDT
- Scratch cut-off
- Sat, 02 Mar 2024 9:00 PM ACDT
- Pay online by
- Thu, 07 Mar 2024 9:00 PM ACDT
INTRO TO DOWNHILL WITH HEAD FOR THE HILLS
Do you want to get started racing downhill? Join us on our Intro to Downhill event at Fox Creek Bike park with Head for the Hills!
Four time Junior World Championship coach Tyson Schmidt, along with elite club mentors, will lead you through everything you need to know. You will:
- Learn how to not look like a goose when loading your bike on the trailer
- Get coaching on going fast while managing risk
- Learn about race and club procedures
- Get plenty of shuttles
- Be able to ask as many questions as you can think of!
All riders who are at least 11 this year are welcome to join us, however this program is designed for riders who are new to downhill and will be delivered on the green and blue downhill tracks in the park. All participants will be required to stay with the group for the entirety of the session.
LOCATION AND TIMES
- Fox Creek Bike park
- Lower Car Park (map here)
- 9am to 12.30pm session (arrive 15 - 20 minutes early for check in)
- Bikes to be on the trailer by 9am , otherwise wait till it comes back down the hill
Please bring with you:
- Your bike in good working order
- Fully enclosed Shoes (mandatory)
- Australian standard helmet (full-face recommended)
- Knee & elbow guards (highly recommended)
- Full-finger gloves (recommended)
- Long sleeve top (recommended)
- Light-weight long pants (recommended)
- A water bottle or hydration backpack
- Any relevant medications
- Weather dependent considerations (sunscreen, rain jacket etc)
- AusCycling race insurance is mandatory (get help here)
- Bring your own water, food and bike supplies
- Under 18's must have a legal guardian on site with them. Usual rules apply that they must be in the car park
- Age limits - riders must be 11 years or older by 31 December 2024
EVENT WAIVER: By entering this event you are agreeing to our event waiver which lists out what the club & Auscycling are liable for. It is the riders responsibility to ensure they take care of themselves and their possessions including use of the bike trailers.
MANDATORY AUSCYCLING INSURANCE / RACE LICENCE
Follow our instructions here https://insideline.com.au/membership-race-entry-help/
Make sure to do this before the event as its much easier to do on a computer rather than your phone!
We cannot help you with this on the day as we will be busy running the event
We are taking COVID-19 restrictions seriously.
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
- you will not attend if you have flu-like symptoms within 14 days of the event
- you will social distance and observe COVID hygiene practices
- you will follow all safety guidelines and directions of the event promoter
Refunds: If we need to cancel for any reason, all riders will be given a 100% refund.
We'll make every effort to notify riders the event is cancelled.
If in doubt, please check this race listing for a notice.