- Sat, 27 Aug 2022
- Lardner Park
- Entries open
Sun, 05 Jun 2022 6:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Thu, 25 Aug 2022 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:59 PM AEST
2022 AusCycling State Cyclo-cross Championships | Victoria
Proudly hosted by
We are taking COVID-19 restrictions seriously.
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
- you agree to follow Government COVID recommendations applicable to your jurisdiction
- you agree to follow the Event's COVID directives
- you agree that you may be asked to leave the event for non-compliance
- we appreciate your cooperation, our intention is simply to run a safe event.
Event Type: State Series Cyclo-cross Championships
Eligible Age Groups (based on December 31 2023):
- J15, J17
- J19, Elite, Experts, Masters 1-10
These are Open Championships and therefore international and interstate riders eligible to compete and be awarded medals.
- J19/Seniors: $40
- J15/J17: $25
- Kids (non-Championship racing): $5 (enter on the day only)
Entries and Registration
- Entries close: Midnight on Wednesday, 24 August 2022
- No entries on the day (except for kids races)
- Scratching: Entrants can withdraw with a self-serve, automated refund within EntryBoss prior to the scratching cut-off. A medical certificate within 7 days of the event will be required for refunds after entries have closed
- Time Management: - Please aim to arrive with sufficient time to rego, get ready, familarise yourself with the course, say hi to mates and to warm up. Most people need at least an hour prior their race start.
IMPORTANT: After a successful entry the rider will automatically be given the status provisionally entered. This is normal and means the entry has officially been registered. The status won’t change until grading and membership have been confirmed by the handicappers. The status doubtful or waitlisted generally means the event category has reached it’s capacity and a rider has been moved to a waitlist.
Age and Membership Requirements
- All riders need to hole either an AusCycling RACE ALL DISCIPLINE or OFF-ROAD membership to race (kids races excluded).
|Registration open (90min before first race)
||Until 15min before start of the last race
|JW15, JM15, JW17, JM17
||J15 (20min, J17 (25min)
|MMAS 5-10, Experts Men
|WMAS 1-10, Experts Women
|Kids Race (Free practice on parts of the course)
|Presentations Wave 1
|JW19, Elite Women
|Presentations Wave 2
Subject to change depending on entry numbers.
Start and Race Procedure
- Riders need to present for their race start at least 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time so that they can be called-up by Commissaires.
- Call-Up: Will be based on current grades and VICXS series points for seniors Series Points. Call-ups will be separate for each age category even if starting combine.
- Riders in timeslots with multiples categories racing with different race duration: Staggered (delayed) start for riders with shorter race durations with everyone finishing together.
- Finish: Race officials will calculate the total amount of laps for the fastest category based on the average lap times. The number of remaining laps changes as soon as the leader of the fastest grade crosses the finish line. Once the leader crosses the finish line the race ends for everyone else as soon as they cross the line. This means that for example, riders that are being caught by the leader on the leader’s last lap will not receive the bell (they were shown 2 laps but by the time they come around again the leader has already finished the race).
Race Format and Regulations
- CX bikes must run CX tyres - 35mm max width (as written on tyre with tiny allowance for tyre flare on wide rims). Definitely no gravel grinder or Monster Cross tyres in CX Race Category. Riders can race Opens with any tyre, any bike.
- PITS will be in operation: - As is the tradition in Cross, mechanical assistance must be taken from the designated pit area. Spare wheels & bike changes cannot be taken from random locations on the course - only in the pits. Riders must run the course to the pits if their bike is unrideable. We will run double-sided pits so the max distance to pits should be no more than half a lap depending on course layout.
- Race numbers and transponder: Every rider will be issued with a transponder (incl. ankle strap) as well as 2 cloth race numbers. All equipment must be immediately returned after the race (same numbers for both days)
Kids enter on-the-day. Pre-entry is not necessary.
Balance Bikes and Non-Balance bikes race separately with separate courses. Non-Balance bikes will be graded by Commissaires on the day prior to race start (either by wheel size or age - to be decided based on logistics of administering the finish).
Presentations and Prizes
Championship medals for top 3 competitors of each age category.
Presentations will be held in two lots: at the end of each wave
Lardner Park, Warragul
- Parking: Follow the signs.
- Toilets: Onsite toilets and cold shower available. Alternate location at Town Center
- Coffee Guy: yes
- Food: yes
- Water: yes
AusCycling (entries, grading, regulations)
Warragul CC (event)
Event FB Page