Due to the rapidly changing environment, we request that only local ACT residents attend our winter road events.
For the latest advice refer to the travel advisories from the ACT Government and your state or territory government.
By registering for this event you agree to act in accordance with these requirements.
To allow us to remain under the 100 people total group size requirement, rider registrations have been limited to 85 total. No limits on grade size. First in best dressed.
The Handicap Championships - the winner gets to keep the trophy for a year!
Note this is a club championship and there will be an overall winner as well as best time for their individual clubs.
- Format - Handicap
- Commissaire - TBA
- Race Director - TBA
- COVID-19 Officer - TBA
- First Aid - Ben Curtis - Portable Physio
- Check In Desk - Carmine Spagnoletti
- Finish Chute - TBA
- Turn Marshalls - TBA
- Traffic Control - Care Traffic (Contact David Lynch)
- Venue Info - Take great care while driving or riding around the start/finish area and do not stand on the road. Public toilets are available near the village of Tharwa. The Tharwa Country Store may be open for coffee/milkshakes etc. Support them if you can.
- COVID-19 Statement - By registering for this event you agree to act in accordance with these requirements.
Course Start / Finish is the intersection of Smith’s Rd and Naas Road.
There is parking available near the start / finish area. Please ensure that your vehicle is completely off the road, and well clear of the start / finish area.
The hot-dog course includes a traverse over the Mount Tennent saddle three times with a fast return finish at the end of each lap. There will also be a sprint point in a yet to be determined location. The location will be dependent on the road and weather conditions on the day.
Covering approximately 18 km per lap for a total race distance close to 54km this course has something for everyone.
Starting near the intersection of Smith’s Rd and Naas Road just south of Tharwa the course proceeds along Naas Road past the Namadgi National Park Visitors Centre and over the Mount Tennent saddle heading towards the Apollo Road intersection.
Approaching the intersection of Naas Road and Apollo Road riders will make a U-turn (9km from the start line approx.) and return to the start line. This makes one lap of the course and riders in all grades will complete a total of 3 laps.
The 2020 Winter Road season is run by volunteers from the CCC and VCC. This season volunteers will be recognised with free entry to all eligible events in the Winter Road Calendar.
Click here for full details and to nominate to volunteer.
To ensure that we have a record of all participants registration is only via EntryBoss.
NO ‘ON THE DAY’ REGISTRATION
Final start times will be posted to the Start List on this EntryBoss listing once entries close.
Be sure to confirm your start time at check-in.
|Contactless rider 'check in'
||9.15 - 9.45 am
|First grade roll away
On the Day
- Upon arrival please confirm your attendance at the check-in desk (including collecting a number or confirming your permanent number) and then move clear of the check-in desk area.
- A rider briefing, count and roll call will be conducted before each grade roll away. Please be ready when your grade is called.
- At the end of each grade riders should return their temporary number and then clear the start/finish line area to maintain social distancing requirements.
- There will be no results presentation at the end of events. Results will be posted to the CCC website.
- No refreshments or water will be provided at the end of races.
- If any rider exhibits COVID-19 symptoms in the two weeks following the race, they must advise the COVID-19 Officer who will follow up with health authorities.
- Riders must register via Entryboss prior to the race.
- On the day entries will not be accepted.
- All riders check in within the allocated time window. No late check-in.
- If you have a permanent race number please bring it along. A small supply of temporary race numbers is available but you will be required to leave your licence as security.
- Riders must be present for the race brief prior to their grade start
- Please present your helmet including an approved helmet sticker at sign-on
- All riders must have a current CA race membership
Scratching and Cancellation
- Scratching - Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off.
- Race Cancellation - Riders will be provided with a full refund if the event is cancelled for any reason.
Vikings Cycling Club
Matt Dyne, VCC President