- Sun, 16 Jun 2019
- See details
- Entries open
Fri, 10 May 2019 12:00 noon AEST
- Entries close
- Sun, 09 Jun 2019 11:59 PM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Sun, 09 Jun 2019 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sat, 15 Jun 2019 11:59 PM AEST
Proudly presented by Tamworth CC
Event Date: Sunday 16th June 2019
Closing Date: Sunday 9th June 2019.
Entry Fee: $99 + payment card fee
Grades: Division 1-6
Please Note: Late entries with late payment fees totalling $125 will be allowed by the race organisers up until 8:20am on the day of the event. No Late entries will be accepted after 8:20am..
Want Race Updates?? Follow the race on Twitter! #G2T19 #roadprem
7:45am - Sign-on (closes at 8:30am)
9:00am - First Race
- 9:00am - Division 1
- 9:05am - Division 2
- 9:10am - Division 3
- 9:15am - Division 4
- 9:20am - Division 5
- 9:25am - Division 6
Please note: number of divisions will be determined by the number of entrants upon closing.
Rollout begins in Osric Street, Gunnedah turning left onto the Oxley Hwy, then following the Kamilaroi Hwy until turning left onto Werris Creek-Caroona Rd/The Gap Road continuing along this Rd until turning right onto Burgmanns Ln for the finish.
Click the following link to view the course map - STRAVA
- Top three finishers in each grade will share in more than $4,000 across the six grades.
- First unplaced female in each division will receive the same as 5th place overall.
Age Categories And Eligibility
- JW19*, JM19, U/23M, Elite Women, Elite Men, Women’s Masters & Men Masters
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2019 ages effective from 1st October 2018
- Financial Cycling Australia 'RACE' members only. Valid membership card must be presented at sign-on.
JW19 riders require personal coaches to apply in writing to Cycling NSW for approval. Only approved JW19 riders will be eligible to enter to the event. JW19 riders can apply to enter by sending the Manual Entry Form click here with their coach's written application attached to email@example.com. (only Credit Card payments accepted)
- To be run in 6 grades, depending on entries.
- Only official vehicles will be permitted to follow the race. Police will stop the event if this is not complied with.
- A Neutral Spares vehicle will be following the Division 1 race so be sure to bring spares with you if you are racing in Division 1.
- There will be no feeding stations or neutral spares (divisions 2-6).
- The race|result timing system will be used to produce live results for the event (link TBA). A red timing chip will be issued to each rider and is to be attached on the sponge side to the front left fork of your bike with the cable tie provided. Failure to attach the timing chip correctly could lead to a rider not receiving a result.
- If participants would like their car to be brought to Tamworth we may be able to arrange for them to be part of the escort vehicle convoy. Please note that only a strictly limited number of vehicles can be brought back from Gunnedah as volunteer drivers need to be sourced by the club.
- Late entries and late payment fees totalling $125 will be allowed by the race organisers up until 8:20am on the day of the event. No Late entries will be allowed after 8:20am.
- The finish for this year’s race will be at Burgmans Lane same as 2018.
- Toilets will be available at the start line in the Kitchener Oval clubhouse. There will be portable toilets set-up at the finish line.
- Food and beverages will be available at the finish line. Presentation will take place there ASAP after the races finish.
- Parking will be available at the start line in Osric Street, Gunnedah. Finish line parking will be available at the eastern end of Burgmanns Ln, beyond the finish line.
- Accommodation: Click here to book your accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia™
Why not make a weekend of it?
Click here to enter the Keegan Downes Memorial Sundowner Handicap Cycle Classic running on Saturday 15th June from Coonabarabran to Gunnedah
Tamworth CC President
Ph: (02) 9738 5850