- Sat, 15 Jun 2019
- Keegan Downes Memorial
- Entries open
Sat, 04 May 2019 9:00 AM AEST
- Entries close
- Sun, 09 Jun 2019 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:00 AM AEST
Proudly presented by Gunnedah Cycling and Triathlon Club.
Event Date: Saturday, 15th June 2019
Venue: Crane Street, Coonabarabran, NSW, 2357 [view map]
Promoter: Gunnedah Cycling and Triathlon Club
Entry Fee: $112 (includes ticket to presentation dinner) + payment card fee
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 9th June 2019
Prize Money: over $8,750 (increase on 2018!) click here to view the prize money breakdown
- 8:00am - Sign-on
- 10:00am - First Bunch
- The race starts at Crane Street in Coonabarabran, riders will then turn left onto Oxley Hwy and follow it to Gunnedah where the race will turn left and finish in Blackjack Rd.
- Be sure to study the course map below to avoid any confusion on race day.
- Click the following link to view the course map - STRAVA
Age Categories & Eligibility
- JW19*, JM19, U23M, Elite Men, Elite Women, Men Masters, Women’s Masters
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2019 ages effective from 1st October 2018
- Financial Cycling Australia 'RACE' members only. Valid membership card or membership confirmation must be presented at sign-on.
- This event is open to Cycling Australia Race Starter Kit memberships.
- Regional members are eligible to compete using a Starter Kit membership.
CNSW will abide by the UCI Cycling Regulations (2.3.002) approved race distances for all competitors. Riders wishing to race in longer distance events can have their coaches apply in writing to CNSW and the State Coach for approval to compete in race events that are outside their approved distances. Only approved JW19 riders will be eligible to enter the event.
JW19 riders can apply to enter by sending the Manual Entry Form (click here) with their coach's written application attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. (only Credit Card payments accepted)
Race One Week & Race Starter Kit Membership
If you are not a RACE member of Cycling Australia but have been wanting to test yourself at a State Open you now can enter this event. You will still need to create an account with EntryBoss to register. Riders have until 5pm Tuesday 11th June to purchase their Cycling Australia Race One Week or Race Starter Kit membership. These memberships can only be purchased once. Should you wish to race in the future (i.e. next year event) riders must purchase a full Cycling Australia racing membership.Memberships can be purchased by clicking the link below:
Cycling Australia Racing Membership Packages
Prize Money Breakdown - Estimated $8,750 in Prizemoney
|2nd Fastest Male
|3rd Fastest Male
|2nd Fastest Female
|3rd Fastest Female
- Entry includes ticket to presentation dinner at the Gunnedah Services and Bowling Club, where the presentations will be conducted. Riders must attend the presentation dinner to receive your prize. If you are unable to attend, you must advise the Event Manager prior to the dinner and a written application for prizes must be submitted to the Gunnedah Cycling & Tri Club. Failure to attend the presentation dinner to receive a prize can affect the events standing with sponsors, supporters and VIP’s. The dinner is an important part of the event if you are a prize winner YOU MUST ATTEND.
- There will be ample parking available at the start and finish locations.
- Toilets will be on-site at both the start and finish lines.
- There will be a coffee van set-up at the start line serving food and beverages.
- It is recommended riders bring water and refreshments for post-race replenishment.
- Riders must stick to the left-hand side of the road at all times. Any rider crossing over to the right side will be disqualified.
- There will be no feeding stations or neutral spares.
- Accommodation: Click here to find accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia ™
Why not make a weekend of it?
Click here to enter the Gunnedah to Tamworth Graded Scratch Races running on Sunday 16th June
Ph: 0418 631 410
Ph: (02) 9738 5850