Full race information is on the Summer Crits page on our website. Read this before you register!
Entries will open 9.00 am Thursday the week before each race and close (entries and scratching) 2pm the Wednesday of the race.
Women's Series Round 2
The Summer Women's Series is a 3 part series to provide a platform for women to race against other women. As a club, we realise that there are complexities surrounding female participation and the intention of this series is to encourage more of the talented women we have here in Canberra to race & participate. With varying feedback over the years, we recognise that there are benefits to mixing the grades and separating them.
The Women's series is pitched at a Women's A/B level, although all women are welcome to participate.
Women's Series Registration
To participate in the Women's series just register and select the normal open grade you would race. You will be entered into that grade like normal, and automatically entered into the Women's Series race.
Riders can then choose to race the normal round, the women's series race, or both! All for the same entry fee. Just register, show up with your Season Number correctly attached, and we'll do the rest.
To manage our COVID record-keeping and participation reporting we require all participants (including juniors in the JW and HC grades) to register each week via EntryBoss.
Season pass holders will be automatically entered into each race.
STRICTLY NO ‘AT THE RACE’ REGISTRATION
If you would like to request a grade change first read the information on the Crit Info Page.
When you are ready to request a grade change approach our club handicapper Nathan de Tourettes immediately after your race on a Wednesday evening to start the discussion.
You will not be able to request a grade change on the Wednesday at or before your race. This is to ensure safe and fair racing and to ease the administrative burden on our volunteers.
On the Day
Only visit the rego desk if you need to collect or return a number pack.
- There is no physical ‘check-in’ or ‘sign on’ as with previous years.
- No on the day grade changes
- Check in using the Check in CBR QR codes displayed around the marshalling area
- Using your phone, check the ‘live check-in' list on my.raceresult.com to see that your tag is working and that you have been automatically ‘checked-in’.
- A rider briefing, count and roll call will be conducted before each grade roll away. Please be ready when your grade is called.
- At the end of each grade riders must return their number pack (if required) and then clear the start/finish line area and maintain social distancing requirements.
It is your responsibility to ensure you hold the correct license, and that you have correctly entered this information into EntryBoss.
AusCycling 'Race All Discipline' licences are required for this event. If there is a problem with your licence we will identify that on the start list.
You will not get a start if you do not have a valid licence.
If you are new to racing and don't have a race licence you can take out an All Discipline Race membership with AusCycling.
- If you are lapped within the last 3 laps of the race you will be required to withdraw to prevent issues with the finishing grade and the starting of the next grade.
- Bikes must be mechanically sound, conform to AC technical regulations, including standard drop handlebars, bar end plugs, no fixings to bars eg no TT bars.
- Helmet - must comply with Australian Standard (ie have appropriate AS sticker)
- Riders may access spare wheels in the event of a flat tyre.
- Any mechanical problem will have to be fixed by the rider themselves, with 1 lap out to undertake the repair.
- The 1 lap out rule will not apply to the last 3 laps of the race.
Scratching and Cancellation
- Scratching - Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off.
- Race Cancellation - Riders will be provided with a full refund if the event is cancelled for any reason. See the season pass listing for details of season pass refunds.
Canberra Cycling Club