Photo credit: Capstone Rouge Photography
Due to the rapidly changing environment, we request that only local ACT residents attend our winter road events.
For the latest advice refer to the travel advisories from the ACT Government and your state or territory government.
By registering for this event you agree to act in accordance with these requirements.
To allow us to remain under the 100 people total group size requirement, rider registrations are now limited to 100 total. No limits on grade size. First in best dressed.
One of the more interesting races of the Canberra Cycling calendar where in the place of cobbles we introduce dust, ruts and loose sand. The epic and prestigious Uriarra Roubaix will be held on the 27th of September starting at 10 am (registration from 9.15-9.45am) from the corner of Mountain Creek Rd and Uriarra Rd.
Put on your durable tyres, harden your body and mind, and challenge yourself with the 2020 Uriarra Roubaix!
Course start/finish is the corner of Mountain Creek Rd and Uriarra Rd.
It is recommended that riders park in on the grassed area in front of the homestead. Please ensure that all vehicles are parked off the road when parking on the verge. All vehicles are to be kept well clear of the start / finish area.
Riders will head down to Uriarra Crossing, doing a U-turn before the descent. Return and turn right on to Mountain Creek Rd. Riders will do a U-turn 3.6kms from the turn (just before the NSW border) and return to the start/finish area. Each lap is approx. 15km
- MA/B/C and WA four laps (~64km)
- MD/E and WB/C three laps (~48km)
- U15/U17 one lap (~16km)
The 2020 Winter Road season is run by volunteers from the CCC and VCC. This season volunteers will be recognised with free entry to all eligible events in the Winter Road Calendar.
Click here for full details and to nominate to volunteer.
To ensure that we have a record of all participants registration is only via EntryBoss.
NO ‘ON THE DAY’ REGISTRATION
Cycling Australia Race licences are required for this event.
If you don't have a licence you can take out a Race membership with Cycling Australia.
Final start times will be posted to the Start List on this EntryBoss listing once entries close.
Be sure to confirm your start time at check-in.
|Contactless rider 'check in'
||9.15 - 9.45 am
|First grade roll away
On the Day
- Upon arrival please confirm your attendance at the check-in desk (including collecting a number and timing chip) and then move clear of the check-in desk area.
- A rider briefing, count and roll call will be conducted before each grade roll away. Please be ready when your grade is called.
- At the end of each grade riders must return their number and timing chip and then clear the start/finish line area to maintain social distancing requirements.
- There will be no results presentation at the end of events. Results will be posted to the CCC website.
- No refreshments or water will be provided at the end of races.
- If any rider exhibits COVID-19 symptoms in the two weeks following the race, they must advise the COVID-19 Officer who will follow up with health authorities.
- Riders must register via Entryboss prior to the race.
- On the day entries will not be accepted.
- All riders check-in within the allocated time window. No late check-in.
- Riders must be present for the race brief prior to their grade start
- Please present your helmet including an approved helmet sticker at sign-on
- All riders must have a current CA race membership
Scratching and Cancellation
- Scratching - Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off.
- Event Cancellation - Riders will be provided with a full refund if the event is cancelled for any reason.
Event Risk and Acknowledgement Waiver
By entering online, riders agree that they have read, understood and accept the Canberra Cycling Club ‘Event risk and acknowledgement waiver’ as set out below.
- I understand, acknowledge and accept that cycling is an inherently dangerous sport, which may result in serious injury or death from a collision, fall, mechanical failure, physical exertion or other incident.
- I voluntarily participate in this event at my own risk.
- I waive any rights I may otherwise have against Canberra Cycling Club, the event promoter and their agents and representatives relating to, and agree they are not responsible for, any loss or damage resulting from my participation in the event, including any loss that may arise from death or injury to myself or others, or damage to any property.
- I agree to follow the directions of any event organiser or official and the Cycling ACT Technical Regulations, a copy of which is available on the Cycling ACT website.
- If the participant in this event is under 18 years of age, I warrant that I am a parent or guardian of the participant and agree for myself and the participant that I provide the acknowledgements, agreements and waiver set out above in respect of the participant.
Canberra Cycling Club