- Sat, 8 Apr 2017
- NCChamps (2017)
- Gisborne South
- Entries open
Sun, 02 Apr 2017 6:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Thu, 06 Apr 2017 11:59 AM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Fri, 07 Apr 2017 12:00 noon AEST
- Pay online by
- Fri, 07 Apr 2017 3:00 PM AEST
The Northern Combine Road Championship, proudly hosted by the Northern Combine and Hawthorn CC
Championships Format Change
The Open Men's & Women's Champs format is unchanged and all riders wishing to contest this are free to do so (Please select 'Open' when entering).
All other champs races will be graded scratch races (rather than age-based).
Please race the same grade that you would normally race at Northern Combine, unless choosing to race Open.
As always, the handicapping team has final say on whether requested grades will be granted to riders.
Categories & Distances
|Open Championship - Men
|B Grade Men
|C Grade Men
|D Grade Men
|Open Championship - Women
|B Grade Women
|C Grade Women
- Juniors are welcome to race appropriate grades if sufficiently experienced and within distance regulations.
PLEASE NOTE: the Combine road champs are only open to Combine affiliated club members.
- Trophies or Medals will be on offer for all categories offered (depending on placing).
- As these are championship races, no prize money is on offer.
- 09:00AM Registration Open
- 10:00AM Race Start (grades briefed & released progressively)
Rego Location: Pitruzzello Estate Olive Grove & Winery (25 Deverall Rd, Sunbury Victoria 3429)
Getting there: - Take the Calder freeway North West (M79) and take the Couangalt/Mundy Road Exit. Turn right towards Mundy Rd, left into Deverall Rd. Pitruzzello Estate is quite prominent on the right.
Parking: At Rego.
Toilets: At Rego.
Presentations: At Rego.
Race Number Return: At Rego.
Race Fees: Volunteers FREE FOR CHAMPS , NC member-clubs (Non-vols) $27, Non-member clubs - Sorry not able to race Champs.
Pre-Pay Only: - Race Fees are pre-pay only.
Waitlisting: - Races have pre-set limits per grade. Riders may be notified (via Entry Confirmation Email) they have been wailtisted once entries reach these limits. Waitlisted riders are generally still a good chance of a start after scratchings and rider re-grades. Riders not wanting to be considered for promotion from the waitlist should scratch.
Scratching: - Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off (generally midday Friday - pls see above).
- Riders are requested to pay attention to their finish position and claim at the conclusion of their race.
- Please be careful to minimise congestion around the finish line area.
Race Day Procedures
Disc Brakes: - Disc brakes have not been approved for racing in Australia and cannot be used until such approval is made.
No License, No Race: - riders need a current license (or proof of renewal) to race. CA licenses only.
New to Racing: - 3 Race Licenses are accepted. Please ensure you have organised this with a club or online via Cycling Australia prior to race day.
Red Light Policy: - The Northern Combine complies with Cycling Victoria's red light policy. Riders are required to have a rear red light on solid to race. Spare lights may be available at Rego to borrow for riders who forget (no guarantee).
On-the-day Entries: Sorry, on-the-day entries are not accepted.
Spectating: - It is requested that family & friends watch from roadside vantage points & do not follow bunches in vehicles.
Announcements: - Please check the Northern Combine Facebook page, twitter or website for any announcements regarding racing.
Special Notice - Women's Grades - Season Arrangement Changes
- Please note that we will support women wishing to race in a higher grade (eg WA with a preference to race standard Combine B or A grades). For those choosing to do this, they will compete for the standard podium on offer rather than a specific Women's podium.
- See https://goo.gl/YQOrPn for more details
The Northern Combine is looking for sponsors. If you or someone you know may be interested in supporting grass-roots racing please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org