- Mon, 10 Jun 2019
- Entries open
Thu, 16 May 2019 12:00 noon AEST
- Entries close
- Fri, 07 Jun 2019 11:59 AM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Wed, 05 Jun 2019 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Mon, 10 Jun 2019 12:00 AM AEST
Please note: this is the entry listing for Round 1. Other rounds:
Round 2 - Calga - Sunday, 23rd June click here
Round 3 - Eastern Creek - Sunday, 14th July click here
To enter all three rounds with a single discounted entry, please click here for a Series Entry.
Event Date: Monday 10th June 2019
Closing Date: Sunday 2nd June 2019
Race Type: Scratch race
Entry Fee: $45 (single day), $95 (full series entry), + payment card fee
Venue: Hunter Economic Zone, off Kurri Kurri-Mulbring Rd. Kurri Kurri NSW 2327
Age Categories: Masters Men & Women
Grades: Division 1-5
On the day entry will be available at a fee of $55. Please allow enough time for grading and sign-on procedures.
Grading: All riders who registered before Monday 3rd of June will receive a grade before the event. Those who registered after this date will be marked as a "TBH" in the start list and will receive a grade on race day.
Minor modification time & distance: Why Modify? (updated 7/06/2019)
- To allow for vehicle movement after wave 1 and presentation.
- Promoter could not gain TMP approval for the "short lap" concept
- 08:00am - Sign-on
- 08:50am – Division 5 – 3 laps -36km
- 09:00am – Division 3 - 5 laps 60km
- 09:01am – Division 4 - 4 laps - 48km
- 11:00am – Division 1 - 7 laps - 84km
- 11:11am – Division 2 - 5 laps - 60km
We appreciate you paying attention to these rules and also your patience. Should you have any concerns or issues about any of these matters. Please raise them directly with the race promoter Paul Craft or Newcastle Cycling Club President Michael Flynn.
Vehicle Movement -
IMPORTANT: The HEZ TMP stipulates Vehicle movement Protocol that must be adhered to:
- Is off the road and on the Eastern side only
- Is nose of Vehicle Towards the road ( Reverse in)
Arrival during first wave (8:50am – 10:15am)
- Be prepared to be stopped by Traffic Control and follow their instructions
- You may be let onto the circuit in groups (please stay as 1 convoy)
- No Vehicles are permitted to overtake a Peloton
- You will not be permitted to enter the “Finishing Straight” within 5 minutes of a race finish.
Departure during Second Wave (11:00am – 12:45pm)
- Use a spotter to exit your parking
- You are not permitted to pass a Peloton
- No vehicles will depart on Bell lap (~12:10 – 12:25)
Age Categories And Eligibility
- Men’s and Women’s Masters aged riders only (YOB = 1989 and earlier)
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2019 ages effective from 1st October 2018
- Financial Cycling Australia 'Race' members only. Valid membership card/invoice must be presented at sign-on.
- Membership cards must be handed over at sign-on and will be held until race numbers and transponders are returned.
- This event is not open to Day Memberships, 3 Race Permits or Regional memberships.
- The number of grades will be determined depending on the number of entrants received upon closing.
- Be advised that the grades may not match up with grades traditionally raced at club level events. Your Handicapping Code (or State Grade) is determined by scaling the data submitted by your club handicapper. Your final grade is then adjusted from your Handicapping Code based on the event's parameters such as field size, distance, course profile and ability distribution.
- Depending on entries, some grades may be split for safety reasons. Women's Masters will be merged into the appropriate grades. Grades will be notified on the Cycling NSW website the week leading into the event.
- Women will race in grades with male equivalents, but they will be able to race for both overall prizes AND prize for being the first few women across the line in each grade.
- The race|result timing system will be used to produce live results for the event (link TBA). A red timing chip will be issued to each rider and is to be attached on the sponge side to the front left fork of your bike with the cable tie provided. Failure to attach the timing chip correctly could lead to a rider not receiving a result.
- Accommodation: Click here to book your accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia™
Event Website: http://www.cervelosuperseries.com.au
Ph: (02) 9738 5850