- Sat, 7 Apr 2018
- Kyneton - Pastoria
- Entries open
Sun, 01 Apr 2018 6:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Fri, 06 Apr 2018 9:00 AM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Fri, 06 Apr 2018 12:00 noon AEST
- Pay online by
- Sat, 07 Apr 2018 11:59 PM AEST
Proudly hosted by Sunbury CC
Race Director(s): Luke McDonough & Colin Bell
About Jack McDonough
Jack McDonough began his cycling career in 1947 with the Brunswick Amateurs. Within three years he had launched into a
professional riding career with the Coburg Cycling Club.
The man nicknamed "Mountain Goat" rode 16 Sun Tours, is best remembered for his efforts in leading the 1957 Tour for 7 days before loosing the leaders yellow jersey to the legendary Russell Mockeridge on the final day. He eventually finished third, but still won the KOM.
In 1970 he joined the Victorian Pedal Club where he taught children the basics of cycling and road safety for more than 20 years.
Jack was a life member of the Coburg Pedal Club, Victorian Pedal Club, Coburg Cycling Club and League of Victorian Wheelmen
(now CV) and on the Sun Tour organising committee for more than 10 years.
Host Club Initiative: Live Timing
- Sunbury CC will provide transponder timing for this race.
- Please allow a little additional time at Rego.
- All transponders need to be returned at the end of the race.
- Important: No trimming of frame plates provided.
- Timing website details: TBA
- 09:00AM Registration Open
- 10:00AM Race Start ( Please follow instructions from Commissaires regarding start)
Rego Location: - Kyneton Showgrounds Car Park No 2 Beauchamp St Kyneton (opposite Home Timber & Hardware).
Directions: Exit Calder Freeway at 2nd Kyneton turnoff "Kyneton / Heathcote C326" Exit. At the large roundabout shortly after exiting, take the second exit to Beauchamp St. Enter the Showgrounds at Oval No2 on the left (approx 600m from roundabout).
Parking: At Rego. At Rego.
Toilets: At Rego. At Rego.
Presentations: Royal George Hotel (24 Piper St, Kyneton) at approx 1:00PM
Race Number Return: TBA
- Volunteers $15, NC member-clubs (Non-vols) $27, Non-member clubs $30. Vol Season Pass holders - free, U17 see below.
Pre-Pay Only: - Race Fees are pre-pay only.
Waitlisting: - Races have pre-set limits per grade. Riders may be notified (via Entry Confirmation Email) they have been wailtisted once entries reach these limits. Waitlisted riders are generally still a good chance of a start after scratchings and rider re-grades. Riders not wanting to be considered for promotion from the waitlist should scratch.
Scratching: - Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off (generally midday Friday - pls see above).
||Laps / Config
|C + WA
|D + WB
||66.60 km TBC
||WC are likely to be given a head start over the D + WB bunch
- Carpark No 2 is on Beauchamp St and shouldn't be confused with carpark No1 off Mollison St.
- Roll out to circuit from start location. Pay attention to commissaire instructions
Race Day Procedures
Finish Line Area: - It is important to keep all finish lines free from congestion. Please move off the road once finsihed.
Racing Incidents: - Safety is important. Please report all race incidents to the Race Director, or alternatively via the post-race rider survey. Incident reporting is an important feedback loop and helps improve safety going-forward.
Spectating: - It is requested that family & friends watch from roadside vantage points & do not follow bunches in vehicles.
Disc Brakes: - Disc brakes are now approved for racing in Australia and welcome at all Northern Combine races.
No License, No Race: - riders need a current license (or proof of renewal) to race. CA licenses only.
Red Light Policy: - The Northern Combine complies with Cycling Victoria's red light policy. Riders are required to have a rear red light on solid to race. Spare lights may be available at Rego to borrow for riders who forget (no guarantee).
New to Racing: - 3 Race Licenses are accepted. Please ensure you have organised this with a club or online via Cycling Australia prior to race day.
On-the-day Entries: Sorry, on-the-day entries are not accepted.
Announcements: - Please check the Northern Combine Facebook page, twitter or website for any announcements regarding racing.
Women's Grades - Special Notice
Select races throughout the season will offer women's grades as part of a Women's Series.
For scratch races not designated as Women's Series events, women can race in the standard Combine grades with separate recognition of results. In other words, there will be a race within a race for women's placings (with the composition of placings offered a function of how many women race). We strongly recommend you enter the following grades:
||May race with D grade (with calculated headstart) if no E grade is offered
- There are exceptions to this and we will support individuals wishing to race in a higher grade.
- See https://goo.gl/YQOrPn for more details
Juniors Racing Senior Grades
- U17 Juniors are welcome to race senior grades as long as CA Tech Reg distance and roll-out/age-appropriate gearing restrictions are adhered to.
- Junior pricing will apply - but no prize money will be awarded. (applies to U17 only. No restrictions on U19)
- Younger juniors (U15 and below) are requested to race with David Morgan.
The Northern Combine is looking for sponsors. If you or someone you know may be interested in supporting grass-roots racing please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org