For the latest advice refer to the travel advisories from the QLD Government and your state or territory government.
By registering for this event you agree to act in accordance with these requirements.
Saturday Social Bunch Ride
CCC will be hosting regular social club rides.
It is a ‘no drop’ inclusive ride focused on safety and building confidence. You should have a basic level of fitness for the group's selected average speed and can operate their bicycle including gears and brakes and can ride comfortably near other cyclists.
If you are after a ‘no drop’ inclusive ride focused on safety and building confidence and meeting people, then this ride is for you. If you are after a Strava PR then there are other options that you should consider.
Learn to be a good ‘cyclist’ on the road, be patient, courteous and consider other road users including fellow cyclist, pedestrians, runners, and motorists. Be friendly and smile, wave and say thanks. Most important do not engage in any verbal alterations that could put you or your fellow cyclist at risk.
Ride consistently and obey the general road rules which is the same as any other motorist as well as specific road rules for bicycle riders.
- 6:30AM at Smith Park for a pre-ride briefing and roll out at 6:45AM
- Average speed for the February ride is between 20 - 24KM/hour and distance will be between 40-50KM.
- All riders start and finish at the club house, the route can change based on weather or road works.
- All packs are no drop and if a rider cannot continue, they must inform the pack leader.
- Riders must have their own emergency transport in the event of a mechanical that cant be fixed during the ride.
To manage our COVID record-keeping and participation reporting we require all participants to register each week via EntryBoss.
A Lifeestyle or hgiher AusCycling licence is required to participate.
If you don't hold a licence but would like to attend you can take out a free trial licence on the AusCycling website, or better yet, join the Cairns Cycling Club.