Cart's Christmas Crits
16 December 2020
The CCC Cart’s Christmas Crits is not only a fantastic night for racing but also a great opportunity for friends, family and club mates to get together. So bring a picnic blanket and a few drinks and celebrate a fantastic year with us at the biggest night of racing in Canberra!
We're going to make a night of it. We've arranged:
- Double points and extra prizemoney thanks to CDC Data Centres
- A lucky draw thanks to Winning Position Bike Fitting
- A surprise visit from Santa
- A Christmas Wheel Race
- Lollies for the kids
- Christmas pudding for grade winners
- A BBQ ($2.50 sausages, $1.50 softies)
Thanks to our supporters
Thank you to Hedley Property Investments for their support of the CCC Crits over the last few years. Their support helps makes racing happen.
Thank you to the Carts Christmas Crits Supporters:
The Cart's Annual Christmas Crit is named memory of the late Mark Carter. For those not familiar with Mark, he was an indispensable member of the Canberra Cycling Club and a fantastic and friendly guy. He was well known for his love of cycling, and as recipient of the nickname ‘big-legged driver’, he relished the fast and exciting racing the summer crits had to offer. As a former President and Treasurer of the Canberra Cycling Club, Mark spent a lot of his spare time raising the profile of cycling in the ACT, as well as establishing and running the Summer Criterium series. Mark’s love for the criterium racing scene in Canberra saw the popularity of the Summer Series flourish due to his hard work and famous race reports.
Every Christmas Crit we ride in his honour.
Entries will open 9.00 am Thursday the week before each race and close (entries and scratching) 3pm the Wednesday of the race.
Course start/finish is Stromlo Forest Park Crit Circuit.
To manage our COVID record-keeping and participation reporting we require all participants (including juniors in the JW and HC grades) to register each week via EntryBoss.
Season pass holders are not automatically entered into each race.
They must register here on a week by week basis.
NO ‘ON THE DAY’ REGISTRATION
On the Day
- Upon arrival please confirm your attendance at the check-in desk (including collecting a temporary number if required) and then move clear of the check-in desk area.
- A rider briefing, count and roll call will be conducted before each grade roll away. Please be ready when your grade is called.
- At the end of each grade riders must return their number (if required) and then clear the start/finish line area and maintain social distancing requirements.
- There will be no results presentation at the end of events. Results will be posted to crits online.
- If any rider exhibits COVID-19 symptoms in the two weeks following the race, they must advise the COVID-19 Officer who will follow up with health authorities.
We want to hear from you about how to improve our crits. Please complete our feedback form after each race.
Cycling Australia Race or AusCycling 'Race All Discipline' licences are required for this event.
It is your responsibility to ensure you hold the correct license. Please be prepared to present evidence of your current membership at the check-in desk. We suggest you download your digital membership card to your smart device. Easy!
If you don't have a race licence you can take out a All Discipline Race membership with AusCycling.
- Please present your helmet including an approved helmet sticker at check-in
- Bikes must be mechanically sound, conform to CA technical regulations, including standard drop handlebars, bar end plugs, no fixings to bars eg no TT bars.
- Helmet - must comply with Australian Standard (ie have appropriate AS sticker)
- Riders may access spare wheels in the event of a flat tyre.
- Any mechanical problem will have to be fixed by the rider themselves, with 1 lap out to undertake the repair.
- The 1 lap out rule will not apply to the last 3 laps of the race.
Scratching and Cancellation
- Scratching - Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off.
- Race Cancellation - Riders will be provided with a full refund if the event is cancelled for any reason.
Event Risk and Acknowledgement Waiver
By entering online, riders agree that they have read, understood and accept the Canberra Cycling Club ‘Event risk and acknowledgement waiver’ as set out below.
- I understand, acknowledge and accept that cycling is an inherently dangerous sport, which may result in serious injury or death from a collision, fall, mechanical failure, physical exertion or other incident.
- I voluntarily participate in this event at my own risk.
- I waive any rights I may otherwise have against Canberra Cycling Club, the event promoter and their agents and representatives relating to, and agree they are not responsible for, any loss or damage resulting from my participation in the event, including any loss that may arise from death or injury to myself or others, or damage to any property.
- I agree to follow the directions of any event organiser or official and the Cycling ACT Technical Regulations, a copy of which is available on the Cycling ACT website.
- If the participant in this event is under 18 years of age, I warrant that I am a parent or guardian of the participant and agree for myself and the participant that I provide the acknowledgements, agreements and waiver set out above in respect of the participant.
Canberra Cycling Club