- Sun, 1 Mar 2020
- Bungalow Criterium Circuit
- Entries open
Sun, 02 Feb 2020 6:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Sat, 29 Feb 2020 7:00 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sun, 01 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AEST
- Proudly presented by Cairns Cycling Club - This is our first criterium series on the new Bungalow course!
Start/Finish area is opposite the Ergon depot at 293 Hartley St, Bungalow. Car parking is available. Circuit map.
- $15 for Women and A - D grades
- $5 Juniors (when entering junior categories U13-U15) In order to register as a junior you must have actively participated in the CCC Junior Road Program or have previous experience in crit or road racing. Individual cases can be assessed on a case by case basis. (enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Online registration closes 5PM on Saturday before race day.
Entrants can withdraw with a self-serve, automated refund within EntryBoss. Scratching closes at the same time as entries. Use the SCRATCH button on the race entry page to scratch.
The following grades are on offer:
- A, B, C, D (all grades are combined male and female)
- Juniors U13, U15 (age groups may be combined depending on numbers)
Come & Try
New to racing? Curious as to what it is all about?
We really encourage you to join us for this event.
You'll be entered in D Grade and be looked after by a club member.
Please enter as a "NOVICE" when entering and make sure you have a license (see the information below on how to get a license).
Registration: 7am - 7:30am
Racing starts 7:45am
End time: 10:30am approx
Order of races will be published on Facebook on Saturday evening after nominations close.
Facilities & Race Day Reminders
- Parking - it is important that you park off the race circuit.
- Warming up - riders are requested to warm-up prior to the race program commencing or off the race circuit.
- Course Closure (traffic management) - the course is not closed to traffic and riders must follow road rules and the directions of marshalls.
- Cancellation or delays caused by weather or external events will be updated on Facebook.
- A Grade - 50 minutes plus 3 laps (intermediate sprint after approximately 25 minutes)
- B Grade - 45 minutes plus 3 laps (intermediate sprint after approximately 20 minutes)
- C Grade - 30 minutes plus 3 laps (intermediate sprint after approximately 15 minutes)
- D Grade - 30 minutes plus 3 laps (intermediate sprint after approximately 15 minutes)
- Women - 30 minutes plus 3 laps (intermediate sprint after approximately 15 minutes)
- Juniors - 12 minutes plus 3 laps
Race and Series Points
Riders in each grade will accumulate points for each of the 4 races in the series:
- Winner of intermediate sprint - 5 points
- Race winner - 10 points; 2nd - 5 points; 3rd - 3 points 4th -1 point.
Latest standings here: TBA
Races cannot proceed without corner marshals and help with setting up and packing down. Please let us know if you can help out by filling in your availability & preference details when entering.
Licence or email receipt to be presented at registration desk.
Short and long term Cycling Australia memberships can be obtained online only: http://membership.cycling.org.au
Cairns Cycling Club