Event Date: Saturday 26th October 2019
Venue: Dunc Gray Velodrome, Carysfield Rd Bass Hill NSW 2197 [view map]
Promoter: Cycling NSW
Closing Date: Sunday 20th October
- U11 & U13 - $15
- U15 & U17 - $20
- U19+ - $35
- All on-the-day entries will incur an additional $20 fee ($10 for juniors)
Please note: riders entering on the day will not be eligible for the wheelrace events.
- Doors Open / 12:30pm
- Sign-on /12:30am - 5:00pm (located at ground-level Rider Entrance)
- Warm-up /1:00pm - 1:50pm
- First Race / 2:00pm
- Sign-off - conclusion of your carnival (located in the Infield)
Schedule: Draft Program (Subject to Change)
Final program will be released after entries close.
Age Categories & Eligibility
- This event is open to U11+ aged riders only.
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2020 ages effective from 1st October 2019.
- This event is not open to RIDE Members or Temporary Race Members
- Financial Cycling Australia 'Race' members only. Valid 2019/2020 membership card must be presented at sign-on.
Race Grading & Divisions
The signature events, the Shimano Sydney Cup Handicap Wheelraces, will be run for the following categories:
- Open Women
- Open Men
The NSW Tempo Race Championships will be run in the following categories:
Championship categories are completely dependent on entry numbers. Men and Women Masters will race separately.
The rest of the carnival will be run with additional divisions (when entry levels are high) or combines (when entry levels are insufficient for separate categories). Final fields and combines will be released with the confirmed final schedule of events in the week prior to the event.
Prize Money & Presentations
SHIMANO Sydney Cup on Wheels Handicaps
- The signature races, the SHIMANO Sydney Cup On Wheels Handicaps, will carry prizes for U13 - U17 categories and prizemoney for the Open categories.
- Winners of the Handicap Finals will also be awarded a trophy.
- There will be a presentation for the Handicap Final podiums. All placing riders are expected to be present.
Velodrome Guest Information
Spectators & Supporters
Spectators - Enter through upstairs entrance and purchase on the door
- $15 - Adults
- $10 - Concession
- $30 - Family (2 adults & 2 children)
- Kids U14 get in FREE!
Infield Patrons - Enter through the rider entrance and must be financial members of CA.
- $10 - Handlers
- $5 - Infield kids aged U15 & U17
- Infield Kids U9-U13 get in FREE!
Parking - is in the parking bays, NOT on the grass or in front of the tavern doors
Toilets & Change Rooms
- Spectator toilets are available on Level 4 (Spectator level)
- Toilets, showers and change rooms are available to riders on Level 3 near the ground-level rider entrance.
Food & Beverage
Accommodation: Click here to book CNSW member discounted accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia™
2020 NSW Club Team Track Championships
The 2020 NSW Club Team Track Championships will be run on the same weekend as the Shimano SCOW. The U15 & U17 Qualifying event for the Team Pursuit will be held on Saturday during the SCOW program if numbers permit with all other events being run on Sunday.
Links to enter the Championship events:
2020 NSW Club Team Pursuit Championships
2020 NSW Club Team Sprint Championships
Cycling NSW Office
Ph: (02) 9738 5850
Ph: (03) 9998 6810