Proudly presented by Cootamundra CC.
Date: 17th August 2019
Promoter: Cootamundra CC
Sign-on: "Olympic Hotel" 202 Parker St, Cootamundra NSW 2590
Entry Fee: $55 + payment card fee
Closing Date: Sunday 11th August 2019
- Sign-on - 11:00am
- Race Start - 12:30pm
Race distance: 116km
By popular demand the Cootamundra Classic will again be utilising the courses on the western side of Cootamundra. Fast, exciting racing on a picturesque route of rolling hills awaits riders - but riders are advised not to race too hard too early, as a new leg-screamer of an uphill finish awaits the winning bunch!
Click the following link for the map of the new 116km course - ([click here])(https://www.strava.com/routes/20977487)
$6,000 in prize money over the whole weekend
Bunches: 10 Bunches
Please select between bunches 1 (Scratch) and 10 (Limit). While your request will be taken into consideration your final handicap will be determined by the state handicapper and may vary from your request.
Age Categories And Eligibility
- JW19*, JM19, U23M, Elite Men, Elite Women, Men Masters, Women’s Masters
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2019 ages effective from 1st October 2018.
- Financial Cycling Australia 'Race' members only. Valid membership card must be presented at sign-on.
- This event is not open to Regional or Temporary memberships.
*CNSW will abide by the UCI Cycling Regulations (2.3.002) approved race distances for all competitors. Riders wishing to race in longer distance events can have their coaches apply in writing to CNSW and the State Coach for approval to compete in race events that are outside their approved distances. Only approved JW19 riders will be eligible to enter the event.
JW19 riders can apply to enter by sending the Manual Entry Form (click here) with their coach's written application attached to email@example.com. (only Credit Card payments accepted)
NEW Sunday race!
Stay on Sunday for the first-ever NSW Open Club Road Race Championship: graded scratch races where you race for points for your club, not for yourself!
See the Entryboss portal to enter.
(Please see Cootamundra CC website for more information.)
Encase of record support for the event like in previous years the Race Promoter and officials have issued the following instructions to riders to ensure the safe and smooth running of the event:
- All riders to be aware of their allocated bunches and start times and MUST be in the marshalling area 10 minutes before their allocated start time for the final briefing. Don't be late as any rider not in attendance for their briefing may incur a time penalty. Once marshalled and your number has been checked off you will not be permitted to leave the marshalling area.
- If you have been dropped from your bunch and out of contention, you may continue in the event, however we request you stay left of the road and do not impede following traffic or riders passing.
- Riders are requested that once the race has finished, MOVE off the road and away from the finish straight. Commissaires will be used to keep the road clear however you MUST obey their orders otherwise penalties will be incurred. This has been a major problem at many events in the past and WILL NOT be tolerated by officials or Police.
- Road safety is paramount for ALL concerned, that is riders, officials and the general public. Riders MUST obey ALL Officials requests without question. That means Traffic Marshals, Commissaires and ALL other Officials.
- Only authorised vehicles will be allowed on the course once the race has commenced. We ask parents, coaches, friends and others PLEASE do not drive on the circuit as this will inevitably cause traffic issues and may result in the race being halted and identified riders be disqualified from the event.
These measures are being introduced to help make this event safe for all involved.
We thank you for your cooperation in advance of the event.
Accommodation: Click here to book your accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia™
Ph: (02) 6942 1836
Ph: (02) 9738 5850