- Sat, 13 Aug 2016
- CX VICXS R6
- Sam Miranda Winery
- Entries open
Mon, 16 May 2016 12:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Wed, 10 Aug 2016 11:59 PM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Wed, 10 Aug 2016 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sat, 13 Aug 2016 11:59 PM AEST
- Men's Categories: - CX-A, CX-B, CX-C & Opens
- Women's Categories: - CX-A, CX-B & Opens
- Kid's Categories: - kidz - generally graded small, medium, larger - Boys & Girls
- Bikes: - CX races are for CX bikes (note: max 35mm tyres & drop handle bars), Opens are for any bike (inc CX bikes).
Free Practice: - additional free practice (partial course) will be available whilst kids racing is on.
Presentations: - Presentations will be held progressively throughout the day, approx 15 minutes after the conclusion of each grade.
Start procedures: - The Chief Commissaire will separate grades and send them away in waves (eg separated by say 1 minute) if grade numbers are sufficient. Small grades may be combined. All results are captured separately regardless of startline grouping.
Seniors: $40 per day or $60 for the weekend (Save $20)
Kids: - $5 (on the day) - no need to pre-register.
VICXS Series Points
VICXS is a race series, and series placings are determined by a points aggregate across the series.
Please note that riders that need to change grades during the series, can only take half their points with them upon grade changes.
Please take this into consideration when selecting your grade.
- Everyone who races needs to be licensed for insurance purposes - including kids. Many licensing options exist, depending on age & what you ride (see below).
- Riders can race on either a CA & MTBA race license.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR LICENSE RACE DAY as it will need to be sighted at Rego. If you are still waiting on your license, or you are racing on an MTBA trial license, please bring a print-out of your confirmation. If possible, avoid looking things up on phones - OK if you forget - but not always 100% reliable in our experience.
- On-The-Day Entries: - Riders should pre-register as on-the-day entries are not permitted at State-level events (i.e. CX races as these are part of VICXS). Opens will have on-the-day entries as these are non-series races. Recommendation is for all riders to pre-reg.
- Scratching: - online entrants can withdrawal with a self-serve, automated refund within EntryBoss prior to the scratching cut-off.
- Licensing: - All riders need to be licensed to race. Either Cycling Australia or MTBA Race Competition licenses, or an on-the-day MTBA license ($30). PLEASE NOTE: No 3 Race Licenses (3RL) for State-level Events, although 3RL's can race Opens.
- Unlicensed Riders: - Warning - lots of options coming up.... if you are unlicensed, we recommend having a look at MTBA 2 Month Free trial licenses from the MTBA website. Cycling Aust 3 Race Licenses are also an option (Open Categories only). Kids 8 & under can ride on CA Kidz recreational license or get a $5 on-the-day license. Older kids need a race license or a day license or a MTBA free trial license. One massive benefit from having a license is 24/7 insurance whilst racing & training and we encourage all unlicensed riders to join a club and get licensed purely so they are covered.
- Time Management: - Please aim to arrive with sufficient time to rego, get ready, familarise yourself with the course, say hi to mates and to warm up. Most people need at least an hour prior their race start.
- Kids enter on-the-day. Pre-entry is not necessary. Kids are guaranteed a start (note: must be licensed for insurance purposes).
- Balance Bikes and Non-Balance bikes race separately with separate courses. Non-Balance bikes will be graded by Commissaires on the day prior to race start (either by wheel size or age - to be decided based on logistics of administering the finish).
ABOUT KINGS CROSS (CX)
Sam Miranda King Valley is located on the Snow Road (C522) only 2.5hours drive from Melbourne’s CBD.
A short drive from Wangaratta (10minutes) follow the Wangaratta Whitfield Rd from Wangaratta CBD
The nearest airport is Albury (ABX) located 45minutes North and serviced by Qantas, Virgin and Regional Express.
The nearest Train Station is Wangaratta on the Melbourne to Sydney Line with regular services by VLINE and Country Link (XPT)
Parking: Located in the Event Village – follow signage
Toilets: Onsite toilets available.
Beer – Bridge Road Brewers
Water: There is water available for bike washing.
NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE:
Race Director: Marty Tobin
03 5727 3888 or 0409124 692