- Sat, 27 Oct 2018
- Gisborne South
- Entries open
Sun, 16 Sep 2018 12:00 noon AEST
- Entries close
- Thu, 25 Oct 2018 6:00 PM AEDT
- Pay online by
- Sat, 27 Oct 2018 11:59 PM AEDT
Proudly hosted by Hawthorn CC
Being our Club Championships, this event is open to HCC members only.
HCC under 17 and under 15 members with race licenses are most welcome to enter and the cheaper race fee of $10 applies.
Categories & Distances
||Laps and Distance
|Men's Championship (A Grade)
||10 laps - 85km
|Men's B Grade
||9 laps - 76.5km
|Men's C Grade
||8 laps - 68km
|Men's D Grade
||7 laps - 59.5km
|Women's Championship (A Grade)
||8 laps - 68km
|Women's B Grade
||6 laps - 51km
|Women's C Grade
||5 laps - 42.5km
- 09:00 AM Registration Open
- 10:00 AM Race Start (grades briefed & released progressively)
- 1:00 PM (approx.) Lunch and presentations
- Location: Pitruzzello Estate Olive Grove & Winery (25 Deverall Rd, Sunbury Victoria 3429)
- Getting there: - Take the Calder freeway North West (M79) and take the Couangalt/Mundy Road Exit. Turn right towards Mundy Rd, left into Deverall Rd. Pitruzzello Estate is quite prominent on the right.
- Parking: At Rego.
- Toilets: At Rego.
- Presentations: At Rego.
- Race Number Return: At Rego.
- Lunch is provided and included in your entry fee
Race Fees, Waitlisting and Scratching
- Race Fees: Seniors: $25, U17 and younger: $10 (includes a buffet lunch)
- Waitlisting: - Races have pre-set limits per grade. Riders may be notified (via Entry Confirmation Email) they have been wailtisted once entries reach these limits. Waitlisted riders are generally still a good chance of a start after scratchings and rider re-grades. Riders not wanting to be considered for promotion from the waitlist should scratch.
- Scratching: - Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off (generally midday Friday - pls see above).
- The intersection of Deverall and Mundy Rds requires care. As with all corners, riders are to obey the instructions of the corner marshals.
- Riders are requested to pay attention to their finish position and claim at the conclusion of their race.
- Please be careful to minimise congestion around the finish line area.
Race Day Procedures
- Disc Brakes: - Disc brakes have been approved for racing in Australia and can now be used.
- No License, No Race: - riders need a current license (or proof of renewal) to race. CA licenses only.
- New to Racing: - 3 Race Licenses are accepted. Please ensure you have organised this, online via Cycling Australia, prior to race day.
- Red Light Policy: - HCC complies with Cycling Victoria's red light policy. Riders are required to have a rear red light on solid to race.
- On-the-day Entries: On-the-day entries will be accepted.
- Spectating: - It is requested that family & friends watch from roadside vantage points & do not follow bunches in vehicles. Lunch for spectators can be booked on TryBooking by going to https://www.trybooking.com/YICZ
- Announcements: - Please check the HCC’s Facebook page, twitter and website for any announcements regarding the championship.