Transponder Timing Pilot
Included in your Season Number pack is a transponder (attached to your Frame Plate)
We are going to pilot using these transponders to time our races. This pilot is a test to see whether timing is a positive contribution to our racing and is likely to go to Xmas.
- This pilot is a test to see whether timing is a positive contribution to our racing.
- You need a transponder to be timed.
- It's important that you use the transponder assigned to you. Using the wrong transponder will mean someone else's name appears instead of you.
- We will be looking closely at our event preparation & race day processes to ensure the extra workload can be accommodated.
- For riders from outside Melbourne (visiting riders), race numbers and transponders can be hired.
- Importantly, we will be looking to see whether timing changes rider behaviour and introduces additional risks to finishes and racing more generally.
- Special thanks to Sunbury Cycling Club and the Northern Combine for help with this project.
Northern Combine Season Numbers
Help us eliminate Rego. We are encouraging riders to purchase a NC Season number
Please see all the deatails here: Season Number Pre-Order
Note: Season Numbers can be ordered when entering the race
- Full information and FAQ on the club's website at: http://hawthorncycling.org/summer-crit-series
- There are three events as part of this season’s racing: Open, Women’s and Juniors.
- Open and juniors racing is held each week.
- The season commences the 1st of December and finishes on the 30th of March, an additional race will be held on Good Friday the 15th of April
- The Women’s series races will be held weekly from 1st Dec 2021 through to the 16th of March 2022.
- All entries online through EntryBoss including Juniors. NO ENTRIES ON THE NIGHT.
- Venue: Upper Loop of the Yarra Boulevard KEW, also known as “The Teardrop”. (Mel Ref: 44 G4)
COVID - SAFE REQUIREMENTS
- Do not attend if experiencing symptoms - see COVID Notice below
- Please follow all instructions from HCC Volunteers
- Entry to the course will be on the right hand (north) side of the road
- Check-in using the Service Victoria Check-in Now service (QR code)
At this stage we will not be selling drinks / Winners Bars, please ensure that you are self sufficient
Competitors MUST attend race briefing for their grade, where the race format will be announced.
- 1 km closed road circuit. 20-35 minutes + 3 laps.
- Intermediate Sprints for A, B & C grades when possible.
Note: Events may be cancelled if conditions are hazardous due to wet roads or other unforeseen circumstances.
AusCycling Racing Membership is required.
- You must have your current membership card with you on the night, or an email or paperwork confirming your membership.
- If you haven't raced before, a 4 week trial is available here from AusCycling: https://www.auscycling.org.au/membership/other/free-trial
- HCC operate a strict "no license, no race" policy.
For overseas riders, an international UCI License will be accepted.
Entries open 9am Saturday morning prior to the race and close at 6pm Tuesday evening.
|Online payments only**
|Hawthorn club members
|Non-members (other clubs)
|Juniors only racing (5:30pm)
|Visiting rider number & transponder hire
*No Prize Money
* Price applies automatically if your date-of-birth on record with EntryBoss places you in the U15 or U17 age group.
** Plus EntryBoss and 30c payment card fee.
Self-service scratching includes an automated refund. Scratching closes at the same time as entries. Use the SCRATCH button on the race entry page to scratch.
|Jnr A & B
|Open B & D
|Open A & C
|Women's Series A & B/C
If you raced at HCC’s Kew circuit last season you will be expected to race in the same grade this season. Lack of training is everyone’s reason to go down a grade, and doesn’t wash with the handicapper. If you have another justifiable reason to change grades please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days prior to your intended race and we will evaluate your request.
If you race at another location in Melbourne please enter for the same grade at the HCC Kew races.
It is the responsibility of each rider to enter into the correct grade, not the person at the entry desk to catch them out. If the race committee is made aware that a rider has entered into a lower grade, and this is confirmed, then they will be disqualified and any win or place money forfeited.
If you are not sure which grade to race, discuss this with the handicapper using the email below.
For any questions regarding racing or your grading please contact:
Brendan - Entries/Handicapping
We are taking COVID-19 restrictions seriously.
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
- You do not have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, loss of smell, runny nose etc);
- You have not been overseas in the last 14 days;
- You have not been in contact with a COVID-19 case in the last 14 days;
- You will follow all new safety guidelines and directions of the club while attending the event;
- You will not share any equipment.
- You will check-in using the Services Victoria QR Check-in Now service.
Registration will be walk by – Northern Combine Season numbers are required. For riders from outside Melbourne (visiting riders), race numbers and transponders can be hired.