Please Note: Pairs entries on this listing, solo available here
Covid 19 restrictons will be in effect, see details down the page. Strictly online entries.
Sparrow Hill. A course map will be provided closer to the event
||Course opens for practice
|1:00pm (3hrs after race start)
||Last chance to start new lap
||Finish time limit/Packdown
- Registration on the day will be available
- Printed startlists will be displayed at the CORC trailer.
- If you have pre-entered and have your regular CORC numberplate please check that the information on the startlist is correct. If * everything is correct you are ready to race!
- If you have pre-entered but do not have a regular CORC numberplate please come to registration to pick up your numberplate.
The event may be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or inclement weather. Please check CORC's website or facebook page for updates. If the event is cancelled all online entries will be refunded.
All categories are starting together. To reduce congestion on the opening lap riders are asked to self seed based on expected lap time on the opening lap.
Race Fees 3HR
Race number deposit: $10 cash on the day. If you are a regular you can keep the plate for the season, but let us know in the remarks section when entering.
|Senior CORC members:
||$22 per race.
|Senior Non CORC members:
||$27 per race.
|Junior (under 17) CORC members :
||$12 per race.
|Junior (under 17) Non CORC members:
||$14 per race.
|Not a member of MTBA?
||Day licence is available with on the day registration.
||$30for senior per race & $18 for junior per race for a day licence.
||Note that race fees are in addition to the Day license.
All races are timed using the clubs electronic timing system and the results can be found by using this link – http://my.raceresult.com/?group=1327
- Have FUN!
- Only one team member may race at any time, and only the designated rider is permitted on the course
- Self seed and be honest.
- Be courteous at all times – there are other riders on track doing their best, it is only a club race so please be patient when behind slower riders. For example call out “track when convenient”or “rider” when approaching. Wait until they respond with “on my left” or “on my right” before overtaking, once you have overtaken say “Thank you!”
- Reports of bad etiquette, abuse, pushing riders out of the way will be dealt with by the parties involved and the Race Commissaire – we will not tolerate bad behavior at club races. Guilty offenders will be disqualified from the race and serve a 2 race ban.
- Please follow the course, we do our best to mark the course with bunting and arrows. Please take great care with arrows as some of the race tracks have trail arrows and not CORC arrows. Do not take short cuts or stray from the single track or fire trail. If you see a rider cutting the course, please let the Race Director know and the rider will be disqualified from the race.
Other Race Day information
- This is a 3 hour race where the aim is to complete as many laps as possible within the 3 hour period. No new laps can be started at the end of the 3 hour period, however riders are allowed to complete the lap they are on.
- Team riders are required to tag eachother
- Please do not pass or go near the timing mat with a numberplate on unless you are racing. We do our best to block off entrance to the timing mats before and after racing but please keep this in mind when you have finished your race. Also, If you have a pitstop for whatever reason in the race, stop away from the timing mat to avoid a double detection.
- If for any reason you withdraw from a race, please tell the Race Director
- Don’t leave rubbish out on the track. Pick up your rubbish such as gel wrappers and drink bottles
- If you see an injured rider please stop to help them, we can adjust your lap times to make up for any lost time
- Riders need a current license (or proof of renewal) to race. MTBA race licenses only. Licences may be checked at any time so to make sure you can race, BRING your licence (physical or digital version) with you to every race.
CORC is run by volunteers and many hands make light work. If you can help with any of the below please contact the XC team via e-mail XC_Racing@corc.asn.au or add your name to the volunteer list here
Some of the duties you can assist with are:
- Course setting/pack down
- Rego/Timing area setup and pack down
- Competitor registration
- Starting races and timekeeping
- Course Marshal
Thank you to all volunteers who have helped with the running of events over the last few seasons, your support is greatly appreciated.
COVID 19 Briefing
- Use the Check in CBR app. We will have QR codes at rego
-Do not attend if you are unwell
-Total attendence numbers (riders + officials + spectators) for this event is limited
-Entries for this event is online only.
-One person per 4m2, maintain at least 1.5m between all persons
-Follow good hygiene measures such as, cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or a tissue, avoid touching the face, eyes, nose and mouth, dispose of tissues hygienically. No spitting & snot bombs!
-Hand sanitizer & cleaning wipes are available at numberplate pickup.
-No sharing of equipment
-All riders are encouraged to use the COVIDSAFE app.
-There will be no presentations. Results will be available online