- Sat, 13 Feb 2021
- Dunc Gray Velodrome
- Entries open
Tue, 05 Jan 2021 12:00 noon AEDT
- Entries close
- Tue, 09 Feb 2021 10:00 AM AEDT
- Pay online by
- Fri, 12 Feb 2021 12:00 AM AEDT
We are taking COVID-19 restrictions seriously.
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
- you will not attend if you have flu-like symptoms within 14 days of the event
- you will follow all safety guidelines and directions of the event promoter
- you will adopt a "Get In, Race, Get Out" approach
- It is strongly recommended that you download the COVIDSafe App
The event promoter is required to follow the Cycling NSW Rider & Patron Event Information
Event Date: Saturday 13th February 2021
Venue: Dunc Gray Velodrome, Carysfield Rd Bass Hill NSW 2197 [view map]
Promoter: Cycling NSW
Closing Date: Entries extended to Tuesday 9th February 10AM
Please note: riders entering on the day will not be eligible for the wheelrace events.
Tentative Start Times
- Doors Open / 4:30pm
- Sign-on /4:30pm - 5:50pm (located top of ramp leading onto infield)
- Warm-up /5:15pm - 5:50pm
- First Race / 6:00pm
- Sign-off - conclusion of your carnival (located in the Infield)
Final times will be released week leading into event. Start time of carnival is dependent on entry / schedule of the NSW U19 & Elite Sprint / IP Championships earlier in the day
Age Categories & Eligibility
- This event is open to U19+ aged riders only.
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2021 ages effective from 1st October 2020.
- This event is not open to Recreational Members or Temporary Race Members
- All riders entering a State Open event must be covered by a Full Race Membership with AusCycling
Draft Events (Full schedule released week leading into event)
- Derby (8 Laps)
- Lighting Handicap (if Wheel Race qualifiers are not required)
- Scratch Race (Wheel Race Qualifiers)
- Shimano Sydney Cup on Wheels Wheel Race Final
Race Grading & Divisions
The signature events, the Shimano Sydney Cup Handicap Wheelraces, will be run for the following categories:
The carnival will be run with additional divisions (when entry levels are high) or combines (when entry levels are insufficient for separate categories). Final fields and combines will be released with the confirmed final schedule of events in the week prior to the event.
Prize Money & Presentation
- Prize money - $5,000 in cash and prizes
- The signature races, the SHIMANO Sydney Cup On Wheels Handicaps, will carry prizes prizemoney
- Winners of the Handicap Finals will also be awarded a trophy.
- There will be a presentation for the Handicap Final podiums. All placing riders are expected to be present.
Velodrome Guest Information
Spectators & Supporters
Spectators - Enter through upstairs entrance and purchase on the door
- $15 - Adults
- $10 - Concession
- $30 - Family (2 adults & 2 children)
- Kids U14 get in FREE!
Infield Patrons - Enter through the rider entrance and must be financial members of CA.
- $10 - Handlers
- $5 - Infield kids aged U15 & U17
- Infield Kids U9-U13 get in FREE!
Parking - is in the parking bays, NOT on the grass or in front of the tavern doors
Toilets & Change Rooms
- Spectator toilets are available on Level 4 (Spectator level)
- Toilets, showers and change rooms are available to riders on Level 3 near the ground-level rider entrance.
Food & Beverage
Mafia of Coffee will be present.
Accommodation: Click here to book CNSW member discounted accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia™
Cycling NSW Office
Ph: (02) 9738 5850
Ph: 1300 137 397