- Sun, 18 Sep 2016
- Entries open
Sun, 11 Sep 2016 6:00 PM AEST
- Entries close
- Sat, 17 Sep 2016 5:00 PM AEST
- Scratch cut-off
- Sun, 18 Sep 2016 12:00 AM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sat, 17 Sep 2016 5:00 PM AEST
SUNBURY ROAD CHAMPS
Sunday 18 Sept, 2016
SCC Road Champs will once again feature the infamous Metcalfe-Redesdale circuit near Kyneton.
With SCC being a relatively small club, we tend to have a relatively small groups contest the Champs. Last year we included a select group of invitational riders (friends of Sunbury CC, sponsors etc) to fill out the bunch. The aim here was to minimise instances of riders rolling around by themselves on the course once the race breaks up.
Following positive feedback last year, we have decided to expand on the invitational aspect, applied for permits and are pleased to announce we will be joined by the following clubs;
- Italo Australian CC
- Melbourne University CC
- Coburg CC
With that as background;
- each club will decide whether they want to race separately or be part of an all-in race.
- SCC's preference is to be part of a larger race and decide our Club Champs on first SCC riders home (Mens & Womens).
- We will also be awarding medals for masters
- In addition to the Champs race, all riders will have an opportunity to win in a Secret Handicap.
- Mass start riders will timed at the finish. Clubs running separately are also likely to be timed - TBA
- Invitational Riders: Should you have any suggestions on riders you'd like to invite, please leave a note in the 'Entry Remarks'. Invitational riders are free to race their natural race but are asked not to work as domestiques for any particular rider(s).
|| Registration (meet opposite saleyards)
||Salesyard Rd Kyneton
||Roll out and marshal for start(s) opposite Airport
||Race distance - 85 kilometres
||Presentations & Lunch at Pub
||Royal George Hotel, Piper St Kyneton
All riders will be included in the secret handicap. Please provide current grade and some info in the Entry Remarks to assist with allocating handicaps.
- Sunbury members & friends - free.
- Other clubs will determine their own arrangements (cash on the day)
Race Day Procedures
Meet-Up & Rego: - Opposite Kyneton Saleyards (Salesyard Rd Kyneton)
Licensing: - All riders need to be CA race licensed, or otherwise request a 3 Race License (which are $50 - leave note in comments).
Roll Out: - Riders will roll out under neutral to the start near Kyenton airport.
Red Light Policy: - Riders are requested to comply with the Cycling Victoria policy of racing with a rear red light.
On-the-day Entries: - these are possible for SCC members & friends, although please pre-enter if possible.
- Invitational Riders - We are not inviting riders unknown to the club to join us so please respect the invitational aspect of this race.
Officiating & Volunteers: - The race will be Commissaired, sign-posted & marshaled. We will be using rolling corner marshals - if you have a partner or friend who can help please let us know.
Presentations: - Club Champ trophies, medals and secret handicap presentations will happen at the Royal George Hotel post race.
We are planning on an informal get-together after the race at the Royal George Hotel (24 Piper St Kyneton).
All partners, children and friends of the club are welcome.
Lunch is available at the pub for those interested.
There will also be a Recreation Ride, Silver Licence required, different start locations are possible (with coffee stop in Redesdale).
Email or call Col (email@example.com 0419 881 343)