Stean Nicholls DECA Summer Criterium Series
- Full information and FAQ on the club's Facebook Page.
Point score races all grades, points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.
Series prizes, (which to be eligible you must attend presentation on 13th December), Seniors - 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 1st Female and
Juniors - 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
- All entries online through EntryBoss by 9pm Tuesday prior to race. NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY.
- Each grade has a 25 rider limit, riders will be waitlisted if there are greater than 25 entries in a grade. (AWCC members will receive priority).
- Venue: DECA – Logic Centre, 45 Albertson Rd, Barnawartha North, VIC 3691. Gates open at 5pm.
- Race numbers issued for the series.
- Riders must claim their place at the end of each race.
- Sign-on will now be closer to the finish line (Note, officials ONLY are to park in this area).
- There is sufficient rider carparking.
- Where required, an AWCC marshal will be allocated to a rider/bunch.
COME AND TRY PARTICIPANTS welcome, bring any type of bike and a helmet.
Format / Race schedule
THE CIRCUIT IS AVAILABLE FOR WARMUP UNTIL 5:50PM
- 1.3 km closed road circuit.
- Staggered race starts as per below table to allow each grade a longer race time.
- A whistle will be blown to advise of marshalling for the next race. It is the riders' responsibility to ensure that they are at the start line at the correct time.
NOTE, racing will be still going on the track when you are called to race!
||25mins + 2 laps
||40mins + 2 laps
||50mins + 2 laps
||35mins + 2 laps
* Events may be cancelled if conditions are hazardous due to wet roads, extreme weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Please check your email for entry refund notification or our Social Media pages.
A valid AusCycling Racing Membership is required.
Please ensure that your AusCycling membership number is correct in EntryBoss to allow your licence to validate automatically.
- You must have your current membership card with you at the event, or an email or paperwork confirming your membership.
- If you haven't raced before, a
free 4 week trial license is available here from AusCycling: https://auscycling.tidyhq.com/public/membership_levels/4a938f38233d
- It is a condition of our event that we must operate a strict "no license, no participation" policy.
- For overseas riders, an international UCI License will be accepted.
Entries open for the series at 9am 17th September and close at 9pm Tuesday before each race day.
||Online payments only**
|Come and Try
|Junior U17 and younger
* Price applies automatically if your date-of-birth on record with EntryBoss places you in the U17 or younger age group.
** Plus payment card merchant fee.
Self-service scratching includes an automated refund. Scratching permitted until midnight the Tuesday night before race day. Use the SCRATCH button on the race entry page to scratch.
- If you raced at AWCC criterium series last season, generally you will be expected to race in (at a minimum) the same grade this season.
- If you race at another location, please enter for the same grade at the AWCC races.
- Whilst the handicapper will consider all reasonable requests, the race grading decisions will be final.
- If you are not sure which grade to race, discuss this with the handicapper in person or by using the email below.
Do you need more info?
For any questions regarding racing or your grading please contact: Entries/Handicapping
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
- You do not have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, loss of smell, runny nose etc);
- You have not been in contact with someone who has been tested for COVID-19 and is awaiting their results;
- You will follow all new safety guidelines and directions of the club while attending the event.