Proudly presented by Albury Wodonga Cycling Club.
We are taking COVID-19 restrictions seriously.
By entering this event, you agree to the following:
- you will not attend if you have flu-like symptoms within 14 days of the event
- you will follow all safety guidelines and directions of the event promoter
- you will adopt a "Get In, Race, Get Out" approach
- It is strongly recommended that you download the COVIDSafe App
The event promoter is required to follow the Cycling NSW Rider & Patron Event Information
Albury Wodonga Cycling Club are proud to present the 34th John Woodman Memorial Wagga To Albury Cycling Classic. The event is run in the memory of John Woodman, an exceptional cyclist who was tragically killed while training in 1986.
This iconic race runs through the undulating countryside between Wagga Wagga and Albury for 131km. It has been won by many terrific cyclists including multiple Grand Tour Stage Winner, Michael Matthews in 2008.
A handicap race of this distance challenges even the hardiest of cyclists- and beware if the cross winds begin to blow. Be a part of one of the few point to point handicap races left on the NSW Cycling Calendar.
Event Date: Sunday 11th April 2021
Promoter: Albury Wodonga Cycling Club
Closing Date: Sunday 4th April 2021
Entry Fee: $80 + payment card fee
Start Line: Neutral start from Tolland Hotel, to official start on Holbrook Road adjacent to Jubilee Park
Finish Line: The race finish is on Urana Rd Jindera, 200m past the corner of the Walla Walla Jindera Rd. Jindera NSW 2642
Registration & Marshalling: Tolland Hotel, 245 Bourke St, Tolland NSW 2650
Registration: Sign-on 9:00am
First Race: 10:00am
Grades: 4 Bunches (Scratch, Block, Group 3 & Limit)
Prize Money: $3,500 + sashes + Trophies
- The race is ‘started’ in front of the Tolland Hotel, Burke Street Wagga Wagga.
- Riders then make their way in a neutral fashion to the official start line, on Holbrook Road adjacent to Jubilee Park.
- Click the following link to view the course map - STRAVA
- Age Categories – U19, Elite & Masters
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2020 ages effective from 1st October 2020
- Financial AusCycling 'Race All Discipline' members only.
- This event is not open to Temporary or Recreational Memberships
CNSW will abide by the UCI Cycling Regulations (2.3.002) approved race distances for all competitors. Riders wishing to race in longer distance events can have their coaches apply in writing to CNSW and the State Coach for approval to compete in race events that are outside the approved distances. Only approved JW19 riders will be eligible to enter the event.
JW19 riders can apply to enter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their coach's written application attached (only Credit Card payments accepted)
- Sign on is from 9am at Tolland Hotel, 245 Bourke St, Tolland 2650, NSW
- There is an intermediate sprint on Balfour Street in Culcairn.
- There will be a feeding station in Culcairn.
- Be careful of the train crossing on Balfour St in Culcairn.
- Please ensure you stay left of the centre line at all times during the race. Failure to adhere to this could result in a penalty.
- The race finish is on Urana Rd Jindera, 200m past the corner of the Walla Walla Jindera Rd. Jindera NSW 2642
- Presentations are post-race at the Jindera Hotel, 121 Urana Rd, Jindera NSW at approx. 1.30pm
- There will be a prize awarded to the 1st local and 1st Female across the line.
- Ample parking will be available at both the start and finish line.
- There will be toilets located at the start and finish line.
- There will be no kiosk in operation so be sure to have your morning coffee before arrival and bring your own food and beverages.
- Accomodation: Click here to find accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia™
Race director: Ken Payne
Ph: 0407 438 607
Ph: (02) 9738 5850
Ph: 1300 137 397