Proudly presented by Albury Wodonga Cycling Club.
Albury Wodonga Cycling Club are proud to present the 33rd John Woodman Memorial Wagga To Albury Cycling Classic. The event is run in the memory of John Woodman, an exceptional cyclist who was tragically killed while training in 1986.
This iconic race runs through the undulating countryside between Wagga Wagga and Albury for 136km. It has been won by many terrific cyclists including multiple Grand Tour Stage Winner, Michael Matthews in 2008.
A handicap race of this distance challenges even the hardiest of cyclists- and beware if the cross winds begin to blow. Be a part of one of the few point to point handicap races left on the NSW Cycling Calendar.
Event Date: Sunday 14th April 2019
Promoter: Albury Wodonga Cycling Club
Closing Date: Tuesday 11:59pm 9th April 2019
Entry Fee: $70 + payment card fee
Start Line: Neutral start from Tolland Hotel, to official start on Holbrook Road adjacent to Jubilee Park
Finish Line: Lavington Hall, 488 Urana Rd, Lavington 2541
Registration & Marshalling: Tolland Hotel, 245 Bourke St, Tolland NSW 2650
Registration: Sign-on 9:00am
First Race: 10:00am
Grades: 4 Bunches (Scratch, Block, Group 3 & Limit)
Prize Money: $3,500 + sashes + Trophies
- The race is ‘started’ in front of the Tolland Hotel, Burke Street Wagga Wagga.
- Riders then make their way in a neutral fashion to the official start line, on Holbrook Road adjacent to Jubilee Park.
- Click the following link to view the course map - STRAVA
- Age Categories – U19, Elite & Masters
- Age Categories for this event are as per 2019 ages effective from 1st October 2018
- Financial Cycling Australia 'RACE' members only. Valid membership card must be presented at sign-on.
- This event is not open to Day Memberships, 3 Race Permits or Regional memberships.
CNSW will abide by the UCI Cycling Regulations (2.3.002) approved race distances for all competitors. Riders wishing to race in longer distance events can have their coaches apply in writing to CNSW and the State Coach for approval to compete in race events that are outside the approved distances. Only approved JW19 riders will be eligible to enter the event.
JW19 riders can apply to enter by sending the Manual Entry Form (click here) with their coach's written application attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. (only Credit Card payments accepted)
- Sign on is from 9am at Tolland Hotel, 245 Bourke St, Tolland 2650, NSW
- There is an intermediate sprint on Balfour Street in Culcairn.
- There will be a feeding station in Culcairn.
- Be careful of the train crossing on Balfour St in Culcairn.
- Please ensure you stay left of the centre line at all times during the race. Failure to adhere to this could result in a penalty.
- This race finish is located outside the Lavington Literary Institute, Urana Rd, Lavington NSW 2641
- Presentations are post-race at the finish line in Lavington, approx. 1:30pm
- There will be a prize awarded to the 1st local and 1st Female across the line.
- Ample parking will be available at both the start and finish line.
- There will be toilets located at the start and finish line.
- There will be no kiosk in operation so be sure to have your morning coffee before arrival and bring your own food and beverages.
- Accomodation: Click here to find accommodation with Choice Hotels Australasia™
Race director: Stephen Duncan
Ph: 0417 450 790
Ph: (02) 9738 5850
Ph: (03) 9998 6810