- Sat, 8 Oct 2022
- Entries open
- Entries close
- Thu, 01 Dec 2022 12:00 AM AEDT
- Pay online by
- Thu, 01 Dec 2022 12:00 AM AEDT
2022 AusCycling Victorian Road Series SERIES TEAM Registration
The 2022 AusCycling - TAC Victorian Road Series offers riders with the opportunity to race and/or score points as part of a registered team.
VRS points scored by registered team riders as outlined in section 4 will count towards the 2022 VRS Teams Competition.
SERIES TEAMS vs. EVENT TEAMS
Series Teams are made up of up to 20 riders from the same or different VRS categories. The minimum number of riders is three (3), the maximum number is twenty (20).
Any rider that is registered with a 2022 Victorian Series Team can score points towards the 2022 VRS Teams Competition at any VRS round if:
- They are part of the Event’s Team in their respective category or if
- They are riding as an individual and their team has not entered an Event’s Team*
*If a team enters an Event Team (3-5 riders) at an event, additional individual riders of that same team cannot score points towards the 2022 VRS Teams Competition.
Series points scored by riders that are racing as a member of the team (max. 5) at an event will count toward the overall 2022 VRS Teams Competition.
Event Teams (3-5 riders)
Event teams are made up of registered riders of the same team and the same VRS category. The minimum number of riders is three (3), the maximum number is five (5). Teams can change their Event Team roster from event to event.
Any team entering 3 or more riders of the same VRS category at an event must nominate their Event Team roster by using the team entry link of the respective event (this can be done by entering the whole team at once or by riders entering and paying individually).
All members of an Event Team must wear their registered team jersey.
Teams entering more than 5 riders of the same VRS category at an event, must enter the additional riders that are not part of the Event Team roster as individuals using the individual entry link of the respective event.
Additional riders can wear the same or different apparel as the Event Team riders and MUST NOT collude with the Event Team. Teams breaching this rule may be fined or disqualified of the event.
Riders that are part of the Event Team:
* Compete for the team’s classification in their VRS category at the event. The team’s classification at all events is based on UCI rule 2.3.044.
* Can score points towards the 2022 VRS Teams Competition
- Teams must register their 2022 Series Team before entering their first event via this listing and also complete and return the following form to email@example.com: Team Details.
- The following fee structure applies to Series (Event) registration: $50 per participant
- Priority entry at all events (if entered before cut-off)
- Automatic annual registration of sponsored apparel (up to 20 riders per team)
- Eligibility to score points toward the overall Series Team Competition
- Eligibility to enter Event Teams and compete for the teams classification at all VRS events
- All registered riders will be listed with their team name (even if they ride as individuals)
2022 registered NRS teams do not need to register as a Series Team as their roster is already on file. However, they must register as an Event Team using the team entry link if more than 2 riders compete at an event or else they won’t be eligible for the teams classification at the event.
NRS teams looking at registering two separate Series Teams can do so under the following conditions:
- The separate Series Team rosters need to be submitted before the first event via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The teams must have different names such as ‘Team X white’ and ‘Team X black’.
- Riders cannot be swapped between these teams during the year.
- The teams are required to wear a different set of team kit that can be clearly distinguished by other riders and officials.
- Riders of one team must not collude with another team during any point of the Series. Teams who breach this rule may be fined or disqualified.
Additional Team Regulations
- Series Teams can have up to 15 riders compete in the event in the same VRS category. Riders that are not part of the Event Team will be riding as individuals and MUST NOT collude with the team during the race. Teams who breach this rule may be fined or disqualified from the event.
- Additional Series Team riders racing as individuals cannot score points toward the 2022 VRS Teams Competition.
- Riders can only be registered for one (1) team at any time.
- Registered Series Team riders may transfer to a different Series Team during the season at any time. A rider who has transferred must not return to his original team or transfer to another team for the remainder of the year. Points that have been scored for the old Series Team will not be carried over to the new team.
- Event Teams may have up to one guest rider per event compete for their team providing the rider is not a member of another registered Series or NRS Team. A guest rider may be from a lower grade and may only ‘guest ride’ for one team throughout the year at maximum one event.
Please refer to the 2022 AusCycling - TAC Victorian Road Series for further information on the 2022 VRS.