- Sun, 4 Aug 2019
- Entries open
Sun, 14 Jul 2019 12:00 noon AEST
- Entries close
- Wed, 31 Jul 2019 11:59 PM AEST
- Pay online by
- Sun, 04 Aug 2019 11:59 PM AEST
Round 7: 2019 VICTORIAN CX SERIES (VICXS) – MCL CX
proudly presented by Melbourne Cycling League & Cycling Victoria
- Men's Categories: - CX-A, CX-B, CX-C & Opens
- Women's Categories: - CX-A, CX-B, CX-C & Opens
- Young Guns
- Kid's (no need to pre-enter)
- Bikes: - CX races are for CX bikes (note: max 35mm tyres & drop handle bars), Opens are for any bike (incl. CX bikes).
- Series Rules: Cycling Victoria's Series Rules can be found here
- Seniors: $35
- Open & Young Guns: - $20
- Kids: - no need to pre-register.
- All senior grades (incl. Young Guns) are pre-enter only.
RACE SCHEDULE (Provisional)
|What is it?
|Registration and Course Open
|CX C (40mins) & Open M (30mins) & Boys Young Guns
||C Grade (40mins), Open and Young Guns (30mins)
|Women's CX C and Open & Girls Young Guns
||C Grade (40mins), Open (30mins)
|Men's CX B
|Open Course and Kids race. Morning Presentations!
||Kids Race 15mins, Presentations, Course Open is 30mins
|Women's CX A and B
||A Grade (50mins), B grade (40mins)
|Men's CX A
|Clean Up Time!
Subject to change depending on entry numbers.
- Presentations: - See race schedule.
- Start procedures: - Riders need to present for their race start at least 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time so that they can be Called-Up by Commissaires. It is likely that the first 3 rows will be called, rest in random order. Cycling Victoria administer the Series points and as such the call up order. First race of the season, call-ups are based on last year's series points. See series rules for further detail.
- Riders in timeslots with multiples categories racing. - We generally stagger the start for riders with shorter race durations, which means once the chequered flag comes out, that signifies the end of the race for all categories. This means, for instance, WA racing for 50 minutes will start at the schedule start time, with WB who are racing for 40 minutes starting approx 10 minutes later - with everyone finishing together. It's still a good idea to be in the start area early for you call up, regardless of whether you have a staggered start or not (because: logistics of organising people).
- Licensing: - All riders need to be licensed to race (kids race excluded). Either Cycling Australia or MTBA Race Competition licenses, or an on-the-day MTBA license ($30). PLEASE NOTE: No temporary CA Licenses as they are for club events only.
- If you are unlicensed, we recommend having a look at MTBA 2 Month Free trial licenses from the MTBA website. Cycling Australia 3 race permits are only accepted for Open categories.
RIDERS NEED TO PRESENT THEIR LICENSE RACE AT REGISTRATION
- On-The-Day Entries: - Riders need to pre-register as on-the-day entries are not permitted at State-level events
- Scratching: - online entrants can withdraw with a self-serve, automated refund within EntryBoss prior to the scratching cut-off.
- Time Management: - Please aim to arrive with sufficient time to rego, get ready, familarise yourself with the course, say hi to mates and to warm up. Most people need at least an hour prior their race start.
- Kids enter on-the-day. Pre-entry is not necessary. Kids are guaranteed a start
- CX bikes must run CX tyres - 35mm max width (as written on tyre with tiny allowance for tyre flare on wide rims). Definitely no gravel grinder or Monster Cross tyres in CX Race Category. Riders can race Opens with any tyre, any bike.
- PITS will be in operation: - As is the tradition in Cross, mechanical assistance must be taken from the designated pit area. Spare wheels & bike changes cannot be taken from random locations on the course - only in the pits. Riders must run the course to the pits if their bike is unrideable. We will run double-sided pits so the max distance to pits should be no more than half a lap depending on course layout.
- Series Races - minimum ages? - Open category races are not part of the VIC CX Series points aggregate and are regarded as 'club racing' categories. The minimum age for Series races is riders born 2003 (please check CV Series rules for DOB/effective date requirements). Older juniors (say U15), with suitable experience, looking to race the full course for a full race duration can enter Opens.
If in doubt, please refer to this article from the FOJCX way-back machine for advice regarding grading. http://fojcx.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/what-grade-please-be-guided-by-your.html
VICXS Series Points
VICXS is a race series, and series placings are determined by a points aggregate across the series. Please note that riders that need to change grades during the series, can only take half their points with them upon grade changes. Please take this into consideration when selecting your grade.
Address: Lakeside Drive, Caribbean Park, Scoresby
There is ample parking at the south end of the course
- Parking: Follow the signs.
- Toilets: Onsite toilets available.
- Coffee Guy: yes
- Food: yes
- Water: yes
- Electricity: no
NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE:
Melbourne Cycling League
Andrew: 0419 594 421