- Tue, 8 Jan 2019
- Team time trial
- Entries open
Fri, 01 Jun 2018 12:00 noon AEST
- Entries close
- Sun, 30 Dec 2018 3:00 PM AEDT
- Scratch cut-off
- Fri, 28 Dec 2018 11:59 PM AEDT
- Pay online by
- Thu, 03 Jan 2019 11:59 PM AEDT
2019 FedUni Road National Championships
School Teams Time Trial
Tuesday, 8th January 2019
Event Type: Team Time Trial
Entry Fees: $50 + payment card fee (per team)
Entries close: at midnight on Friday 28th December 2018
Eligible Membership Categories: TBA
Location: Buninyong, Victoria.
Please visit the event website for more details.
All participants must have a 2019 CA Racing or Ride Membership.
The following are specific regulations to the conduct of the National Schools Team Time Trial Championship:
Schools may enter Teams in the following Championship Divisions:
• Junior Male and Female
• Senior Male and Female
All participants in the Junior category must be in the categories J13 or 15 at the time of the race
The senior category may have riders from any age group as long as they are registered students of the school.
Age groups are according to the 2019 membership year.
The maximum number of riders per team is 4. The minimum number is 3.
Schools may enter numerous teams in each division.
To be eligible to compete, each rider shall hold a licence and be a current member of a CA registered club.
All participants must wear either their school or plain kit.
Riders may only enter for one team per Championships.
Combined school teams are not allowed.
- The riders of each team shall present at the bike check point no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- At the start, the riders shall be held side by side on the starting line and then released, not pushed, by holders who shall be the same for all teams.
- At the start, a four minute time gap will separate the men’s category and two minutes for all other categories.
- Time shall be taken on the third rider.
- Finishing times shall be taken to the nearest one-tenth of a second at least.
Team conduct during the race
- A team, upon catching another, shall leave a lateral gap of at least 2 metres between them.
- After 1 km, the team caught shall ride at least 25 m away from the other.
- The exchange of food, drinks, small items of equipment, wheels and bicycles and help with running repairs shall be permitted between riders of the same team
- The driver of the following vehicle shall hold a current CA membership.
- The following vehicle shall follow at least 10 metres behind the last rider of the team, shall never overtake it nor draw up level with it. In the case of a breakdown, technical support may be rendered only with the rider and vehicle stationary on the left side of the road.
- The vehicle may not take up position between the team and any rider(s) that has/have dropped behind unless they are at least 50 metres apart. The riders that have dropped behind may under no circumstances ride in the slipstream of a vehicle.
- The following vehicle of a team that is about to be caught up shall, as soon as the distance between the two teams drops below 100 metres, drop back behind the vehicle of the other team.
- A vehicle following a team that catches up another may not take up position between the teams unless there are at least 60 metres between them. Should that gap subsequently reduce, the vehicle shall return to its position behind the last rider of the 2nd team.
- Megaphones or loud-hailers may be used.
- No occupant of a following vehicle may reach or lean out of the vehicle under any circumstances.
If one rider is disqualified the team shall be disqualified and the classification shall be adjusted.
For all event information & event queries
If you have any trouble with your entry